What to eat/drink after workouts?

7 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
16 Posts
Apr 30, 2013 10:13pm
via iOS
What should I eat/drink after workouts to build muscle.
30 Apr
Water or gatoraid your body is still burning calories after your work out you can eat whatever you like just in moderation
30 Apr
Protein shakes
30 Apr
Proteins
01 May
Banana and water.. or a protein shake
Image_thumb
69 Posts
Apr 30, 2013 10:39pm
via Android

Cold chocolate milk works......so does beer and pizza.

30 Apr
He said to build muscle, not fat lol
Image_thumb
71 Posts
Apr 30, 2013 11:42pm
via Android

Veggies, protein, and clean carbs.

Image_thumb
203 Posts
Apr 30, 2013 11:42pm
via iOS
Hi Stephen,

If you have it Protein drinks are best. I use The Joe Dillon Difference and have for years. The natural option is a bean salad. Seriously good protein and all natural. Be sure to drink lots of water too. I mix my protein with Almond Milk. Have a weakness for the Chocolate Almond Milk, but again, water is best.
Image_thumb
55 Posts
May 1, 2013 12:02am
via iOS
Right after you exercise or after any sport your goal should be to provide your body with energy - energy = glucose. Glucose = simple sugars (one type).

What you should be providing your body immediately after a workout is simple sugars. Depending on your goal, you might just want to have a chocolate covered granola bar along with a protein shake. The sugar in the bar provides energy and activates your cells to start to store energy - the protein in conjunction with the sugar will aid in muscle repair. 

Keep in mind you will get super hungry right after that cycle because your cells metabolize the enery rapidly since they are famished. 

After that post workout meal, you should then have your proper solid meal which includes protein, low glycemic carb, and greens.
Image_thumb
17 Posts
May 1, 2013 2:38am
via iOS
Lots of water before, during, and after! Stay hydrated. Fruit, Vegetables, any kind of protein. For sandwiches used whole grain or whole wheat bread. For protein shakes always use 1-2 teaspoons of milk. ( NO MATTER WHAT THEY SAY. Never overdose on milk after workouts.
Fullsizeoutput_9c0_thumb
667 Posts
May 1, 2013 7:41am
via iOS
ChocolAte milk. Protein shake. Whatever you drink must contain more carbs then protein because carbs reduce that fatigued feeling you get while you doing a workout. Protein is required to build muscle so a balance of both will be a great pre workout drink
01 May
Post workout drinks if you want to build muscle then protein shake. Loose weight - water

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51