I am going to quit smoking

47 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
30 Posts
Jun 3, 2013 3:19am
via Android

I am going to quit smoking but I need yall help on this. It is not going to be easy but yall can help me if yall want to thanks

03 Jun
What she ^ says will work its how I quit. But I've also heard of using a lollipop to take the place of a cig when u feel the urge..just another idea! Good luck:)
05 Jun
Hey goodluck!
10 Jun
All the best!!
13 Jun
Hey Brandon, I quit 5 months ago. I used the patch it worked wonderfully! Now the only problem is I gained about 10-15 lbs. Can't seem to get away from the sweets. I got this app about a week ago. Excited to lose this weight!
Image_thumb
2 Posts
Jun 3, 2013 3:24am
via iOS
My advice is this: 
Try to keep yourself busy n when that urge comes to smoke- find something to do and to get your mind off of the urge to smoke lol 
Like working out, running, ect 
Good luck 
Image_thumb
30 Posts
Jun 3, 2013 3:25am
via Android

Thanks for the advice I will do that

Image_thumb
30 Posts
Jun 3, 2013 3:26am
via Android

I will keep the updates on this

Image_thumb
203 Posts
Jun 3, 2013 3:46am
via iOS
That's great. You will live to not regret it. :-)
Image_thumb
30 Posts
Jun 3, 2013 3:48am
via Android

I hope so lol I started working out about 4 months ago now I am taking it to the next step

03 Jun
Good job man, you can do it
Image_thumb
19 Posts
Jun 3, 2013 3:54am
via iOS
I envy your determination on this. I am a smoker myself and havent kicked the habit. Good luck with your goal. Send you nothing but the best
Image_thumb
30 Posts
Jun 3, 2013 4:11am
via Android

Thanks to yall for the good luck

Image_thumb
72 Posts
Jun 3, 2013 6:42am
via Android

Good luck Brandon.If you have determination you have all you need.

Image_thumb
202 Posts
Jun 3, 2013 11:47am
via Android

Hi Brandon, you can do it mate. I used to smoke eh, started in the Navy, when I was 15, yes 15. Kept smoking until, finally, after gradually cutting down, I stopped after a big Christmas work party 12 1/2 years ago. Took up running after that, playing hockey, teaching my kids to be fit ,...... etc, and have never had one since. Youcan do it toomate. Guts, goals, determination, help and encouragement from used on here, you willbe right. All the best mate.

Image_thumb
389 Posts
Jun 3, 2013 12:10pm
via iOS
That's awesome!!! I quit cold turkey many yes ago... 

Today they have so many ways to help..patch, gum, e-cig, etc

You will feel sooo amazing once the toxins are out of you!!
Image_thumb
27 Posts
Jun 3, 2013 4:22pm
via Android

I really need to quit as well. I've been smoking regularly for about five years but first tried it about 9 years ago when I was 14. It's hard for me because I use it for stress relief and smoke when bored as well. I'm actually going to the doc tomorrow to get back on an anti-depressant. I'm hoping she'll let me back on Welbutrin because it also helps with smoking cessation. Two birds, one stone right? :)
Anyway, good luck! You can do it!

Image_thumb
168 Posts
Jun 3, 2013 5:34pm
via iOS
That's so great! I quit last februari and I need to say itwas easier than I thought or what people were saying :) Alan Carr's book (don't remember the name, google it) was big help to me, I really recommend that!
Image_thumb
147 Posts
Jun 3, 2013 6:17pm
via iOS
I quit smoking about 6 years ago when I decided I wanted to enlist. I wanted to be healthier all around. I quit cold turkey and although the cravings sucked at times, I was determined not to pick up another cigarette, I was determined not to allow them to over power me. It is all about will power just as anything else in life. If you want it bad enough you will make it happen. Good luck and stay focused. Just keep in mind how much better you feel when it's done. Plus the extra cash in your pocket! You got this...
Icon_missing_thumb
1 Post
Jun 3, 2013 6:40pm
via Android

Ck out the book by Allen Carr.
The easy way.

Icon_missing_thumb
21 Posts
Jun 3, 2013 7:04pm
via Android

Good luck

Icon_missing_thumb
31 Posts
Jun 3, 2013 7:44pm
via Android

Best of luck

Image_thumb
30 Posts
Jun 3, 2013 8:54pm
via Android

Thanks for all of the tips

Image_thumb
30 Posts
Jun 4, 2013 5:32am
via Android

Been about 15 hours and I had not had a smoke just saying

04 Jun
Goodonya mate . Keep up the good work.
Image_thumb
3 Posts
Jun 4, 2013 5:42am
via Android

I'm on day 8 of not smoking, gets easier every day, cravings haven't really been an issue this time. I find it helps if you keep your mind busy, good luck with your decision, you've made the right one :)

04 Jun
So have you Raechel, well done to both of you.
Image_thumb
242 Posts
Jun 4, 2013 6:47am
via Android

I will support you lol ... Only i can say is if you have the strong will power ..you can quit smoking and nothing will stop you from that ...

Image_thumb
389 Posts
Jun 4, 2013 11:57am
via iOS
We are all here for you!!!! Great job!!! Keep going!!!!

I have a friend who recently quit and on her FB page she counted down the days or almost 2 yrs ;) I'm sure she's still keeping count. :) 

Think of all the $$$& you will save. Not sure how much cigs are where you live but here they are $5+ a pack and that can seriously add up over time...

Keep us posted on the hrs, mins, days, etc you are smoke free..,

We are your cheering section 
Image_thumb
30 Posts
Jun 5, 2013 9:18am
via Android

I feel 50% better today

05 Jun
Great stuff mate, next minute - marathon.
Image_thumb
389 Posts
Jun 5, 2013 12:05pm
via iOS
Everyday will get easier and you will feel better with each passing hr. your lungs and heart thank you :)
Image_thumb
242 Posts
Jun 5, 2013 3:54pm
via Android

Its good to hear that lol .... Only question is that , will you able to  face yourself in this?? ,We know you can , but answer should come from your heart and say it "I CAN DO THIS" ...

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51