newbie, need to lose a bit and get fit

28 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
58 Posts
Sep 15, 2014 10:21pm
via Android

Hi everyone,
I just started working out with workout trainer about 2 weeks ago. I went from a size 18w to a 12 in bottoms. I still would like to get down to my high school size, a 4. Yeah, I know a longs way. But anyways I just wanted to see who out there is needing to lose a lot of weight. Or has lost a lot of weight. Or knows a thing or two for motivation.
If you could put your input please. Im trying to get down a size a week. Working out 5 days a week. Whos with me?

16 Sep
What I do for motivation is make a playlist on my iPod and listen to it before I workout. Music that's lyrically motivating so the messages they talk about. And while working out just listen to relaxing sounds. No lyric music so you don't get distracted.
16 Sep
That sounds really nice. Ill try it.
19 Sep
I'm with you! Which with workout did u lose so much weight
19 Sep
Hey monica, my favorite workout right now is summer mobility moves. But I also lost a lot of inches with book break blast. I love them both. But im a little too out of shape and I find summer mobility moves is just right for me right now. Its pretty easy to do but you sweat like crazy.
Image_thumb
231 Posts
Sep 16, 2014 4:04am
via Android

16 Sep
What are the dots for??
16 Sep
To get the post on active.
16 Sep
Image_thumb
7 Posts
Sep 16, 2014 4:33am
via Android

I'm with u I'm a size 16 looking to get to a size 12 and then go from there...I need help please any dieting tips or even how late is the latest u eat...I am now following u as well. And great job u r my motivation

16 Sep
Thanks Shalunder. Well I just exercise with this app. You can take a look at my workouts. And for food I like slimfast products. They are cheap and effective. I replace two meals a day with the shakes and for snacks I eat either protein bars or a fruit or some veggies. I only eat a regular meal once a day.
Icon_missing_thumb
9 Posts
Sep 16, 2014 1:18pm
via Android

Hey Katherine,

Yeah, I'm totally with you as well. I lost about 40-50lbs several years ago but can't seem to lose the remaining 30-40lbs. I started around 230-240 I think and have managed to get down to about 180 (haven't been able to get lower) but always seem to fluctuate around there. Unfortunately now I'm at around 190. My gym membership just expired and I have to hold off on renewing it for now and decided to try this app finally. Did two wourkouts for a total of about 45 min today. I like that it's timed and talks you through each excercise like if you were actually taking a class. We will see how this goes. Hoping to get below 180 soon. 

16 Sep
Yeah C.S., this app is really cool. I havent managed to lose weight but ive lost a total of 15 inches all over my body in just two weeks. I dont go to the gym cause I always have an excuse not to go. Give this app a try. It seems to be working pretty well for me.
Image_thumb
7 Posts
Sep 16, 2014 5:35pm
via Android

Im gonna try it out besides Its very convient

16 Sep
It truly is. Its very effective too.
Image_thumb
74 Posts
Sep 16, 2014 6:19pm
via Android

Go to skimble.com/teams and join my fitness club!
"A Curvy Girl's @ Home Fitness Club"
We are about to begin a new team challenge on October 1st and I'd love to have you join us! (This offers also for anyone reading this who may want to join also.)

16 Sep
I just tried to join it says full
Sep 16, 2014 6:20pm
via Android

Have you ladies tried to meal prep? I find it helps as well, plus keep track of calories on my fitness pal

16 Sep
Well I havent really tried meal preps but Ive tried frozen diet meals. Some of them are just a dollar. You do get filled with them. And they taste pretty good too.
Image_thumb
7 Posts
Sep 16, 2014 7:35pm
via Android

Thks

Image_thumb
58 Posts
Sep 19, 2014 1:53am
via Android

Man, im really bummed out. Ive gained like 5 lbs. Whyyyyy? And not all, my size 12 pants hardly fit. Im freaking out. I dont know what to do.

19 Sep
I am a size 10 on the bottom and A size xtra large on top I am 1/4 inch from being 5'7". I just need to lose 20 lbs. To get to my ideal weight.
19 Sep
Oh you can make it. Youll just have to work extra hard cause ive always heard that the last 10 lbs are the hardest to lose. Just keep it up.
Icon_missing_thumb
9 Posts
Sep 19, 2014 4:44pm
via Android

How often do you weigh yourself? I know some say that you shouldn't weigh yourself too often but I personally find that if I don't weigh myself every day I will start to slide and start gaining. If I see I'm a pound or two heavier I will try to compensate for that day and will eat smaller portions and/or exercise a little longer. Also, for women, that time of the month also affects weight. Anyway don't get discouraged. Just keep going!

19 Sep
Oh thanks C.S. you know, youre probably right. It is around that time. And I do weigh myself everyday. Same reason as you. Maybe I should wait until next week to see how it goes.
19 Sep
Sorry, I dont know if you are a man or female. I know that was a little personal. But you mentioned it first. Lol.
Image_thumb
5 Posts
Sep 19, 2014 4:52pm
via Android

I am trying to lose a lot of weight. I just started working out. I am open to any ideas and the motivation I am trying to lose 80lbs. I want to set a goal but I don't want to get discouraged if I don't meet the deadline. So any suggestions

19 Sep
I like doing the bypass diet. Its everything liquid. You can eat whatever you want but it has to be liquidfied. I lost 60lbs with that diet about 5 years ago. But I got pregnant and gained it all back plus more. But I must tell you, you need a lot of discipline for it. But I lost 12lbs in 1 week. Its not the healthiest diet though. Im not a doctor. Im just saying what worked for me.
20 Sep
Ok. I don't think I can do the liquid diet but I'll give it a try. Thanks
20 Sep
It just takes a lot of commitment. It tends to give one a headache the first 3 days but after that you get used to the diet and the headache goes away. Its just till your stomach shrinks. Which it will.
Icon_missing_thumb
9 Posts
Sep 19, 2014 6:40pm
via Android

Ha! Sorry, yes I am female. I defintely do get a little bloated around that time. I try to lower my sodium intake and drink a little more green tea than I usually do which is hard to do since I already drink about 2-3 cups a day. I also find if I wear the tighter clothing I have, I'm also more likely to keep on track and not over eat.

19 Sep
That sounds really smart. I dont really drink green tea. I take the green tea capsule. Is that the same?
19 Sep
Hello, I just started using this app. I too just started my weight loss journey this week. I am looking to lose 80-100 pounds. I currently weigh 260. I'm eating clean...3 meals a day and snack in between. I don't eat anything after 8pm. I drink lots of water but not as much as I should which is one my goals. I work out 5 days a week for about an 1 hr- 1 1/2hr. I walk 3-4 miles a day with 30 mins of weight training. I'm looking to change up my workouts so I don't get bored or...
19 Sep
Its the same. But I like to mix green tea in my smoothies/juicing that I substitute for meals
19 Sep
Now that I could do mixing my green tea in my drinks. Thats pretty smart. I can do that.
19 Sep
Delaina I find walking helps me the fastest at losing weight but you gotta be careful not to hit a plateu. Its when you cant gain or lose weight for a long time. Thats why you gotta change your game frequently.
Icon_missing_thumb
9 Posts
Sep 19, 2014 7:12pm
via Android

I tend to stay away from any sort of pills or anything artificial especially sweeteners.  I try to eat as much unprocessed fresh foods as possible. Sometimes I do get a little lazy and will by the frozen prepackaged foods and instant ramen bowls especially the Korean ones, since those are actually pretty tasty. Anyway, I would say if possible if you don't like green tea, go for any kind of tea you like and if you need to add a sweetener, I would go for a little honey or raw sugar. There was actually a study just published in Nature this week on how artificial sweeteners are linked to obesity and diabetes.  So I would definitely stay from that.

19 Sep
Thanks. Ill definitely try it. I mean I dont mind drinking green tea its just idk. Im not used to it. But ill try it. Ive heard a lot of good things about it. Now have you heard of oolong tea? Does that work?
Image_thumb
4 Posts
Sep 19, 2014 11:30pm
Taking notes...thank you because I definitely want to reach my goal. So what do you suggest? Should I change my workout routine every other week or monthly?
20 Sep
Well, at least once or twice a month. One usually hits plateu after one month of doing the same thing. But if you ever do hit a plateu the only way you can get out of it fast is eating way more than before. Until you start gaining some weight. As you as you start gaining you can start a different routine to start losing weight again.
20 Sep
Ok...cool. I'm like a sponge so I am writings all this down. In the process of creating a goal board and journal
20 Sep
Thats the way. Set up a routine of everything and keep track. Keep yourself motivated. I have a journal of all of my weightlosses since 10 years ago. I keep it on my computer. On the spreadsheet.
Image_thumb
4 Posts
Sep 19, 2014 11:33pm
I haven't heard of oolong tea. But green tea aids with the fat burning process. I have watched a lot of weight loss journey videos on YouTube and they all talk about drinking green tea...but i would like to learn more about oolong tea. I like trying new things just to see how my body reacts to it...in a good way of course.
20 Sep
I used to order the oolong tea. I couldnt find it anywhere. Ofcourse that was like 10 years ago. Idk now how popular they are. Where do you get your tea C.S.?
20 Sep
I go to Cosco, I gets the Lipton pure green tea
20 Sep
Oh ok. Well ill have to try Sams cause I dont know if theres a cosco here. Its the wholesale club right?
20 Sep
20 Sep
Ok. Thanks. Thats good to know. Il have to wait till my husband gets back from work but il definitely get it.
Icon_missing_thumb
9 Posts
Sep 20, 2014 12:03am
via Android

I love oolong tea. Actually black, green, oolong, and white teas are the same leaves. They differ only in how they are processed and how oxidized they are. Oolong is sort of midway between black and green tea and caffeine levels are also between between black and green, with black containing the most and green the least between the three. But white teas contains the least since it is the least processed. They all have beneficial properties. I say experiment and try several different kinds. I drink everything. I just happen to currently have a lot of green tea on my hands right now.

20 Sep
Nice can you send me some? Lol.
Icon_missing_thumb
9 Posts
Sep 20, 2014 2:40am
via Android

=)

Image_thumb
4 Posts
Sep 20, 2014 2:41am
via iOS
I will definitely try it
Icon_missing_thumb
9 Posts
Sep 20, 2014 2:48am
via Android

If you have an asian market closeby, I would try that for oolong and green teas. I also buy whatever looks interesting. I came across an earl grey green tea at a regular grocery store which was really nice. But I've gotten the majority of my teas from Tea Gschwendner online. They have beautiful teas. A little on the pricey side but I usually get 3-4 cups from one teaspoon of tea by steeping the leaves multiple times.

20 Sep
I get it. Yeah I try that with my coffee. Which by the way doesnt coffee work also? I mean it has a lot of caffeine. No?
Icon_missing_thumb
9 Posts
Sep 20, 2014 3:00am
via Android

You mean work for weight loss? I drink both coffee and tea everyday. Coffee in the morning and tea usually throughout the day. I drink them both because I enjoy them. Yes, they both do have caffeine, but coffee does not have all the health promoting compounds as tea does. I would still drink coffee but I would also try incorporating drinking teas as well.

20 Sep
Oh ok then. Ill try it.
Image_thumb
58 Posts
Sep 20, 2014 3:53am
via Android

Wow I just finished working out. I feel the burn but I actually noticed I can do the full 40 sec plank and the other workouts on the summer mobility moves pretty easily now. That must mean its time to change my routine. Yay. I must be progressing. I just hope I see it on the measurements on sunday. I get measured every sunday to see how im doing. I cant wait.

Image_thumb
58 Posts
Sep 21, 2014 5:20pm

Well, its Sunday. Time to weigh in and get measured. Well I guess Im not too disappointed, I actually managed to get down to a size 10. Woohoo! So Ive gone from a size 18w to a size 10 in jeans in just 3 weeks. This program really works. I love workout trainer! I cant believe Ive done all of this in just 3 weeks. Im so happy. Now, my next goal is to be a size 8 in jeans by nextt Sunday. I hope. I hope. I hope. So, who else has their measurements today?

Image_thumb
58 Posts
Sep 23, 2014 1:51am

Oh Im so mad. My phone broke and I wont be able to get another one until next month. I know its only a week but I just cant believe I cannot access my workouts thru he computer. It says I have to go pro. Anyways, Im not getting discouraged. I am going to work out with my regular workout videos. And Im going to walk everyday. I also just started a clean diet. Only veggies, fruits, meats and healthy fats. No white carbs. Im going to see how long I can do this for but so far its pretty jummy. I love the flavors of the natural foods. Im going to eat lots of salads and smoothies. Wish me luck. Ill let you know how it goes along the way. Ill keep posting here often. And Ill let you know next Sunday my measurements. I hope they will be good. Keep it up guys and gals. We can do it!

23 Sep
Sorry about your phone but on a good note u got this!!!
24 Sep
Thanks Shalunder. I sure hope I don't fall off the weightloss wagon. How is your goals going?
04 Oct
Oh thanks. But, thank goodness I just got a tablet. Im back on the app.
Icon_missing_thumb
9 Posts
Sep 23, 2014 1:54am
via Android

If you have a kindle fire, you can download the app from the kindle app store.

24 Sep
No I don't have one but Im dying to get a tablet. Ill see what I can do until I can get back on the app. I just hope I don't deviate from my weightloss.
Image_thumb
74 Posts
Sep 25, 2014 2:18pm
via Android

I'm about to boot out a few members who are just there, and not at all participants in any challenge,  and I'll have room for you guys. Problem is... I sent out invites and they haven't responded. I only have 9 team members. ... none of them working out!!!

08 Oct
I have a similar problem in my team (MOTIVATION), does anybody know how can I cancel invites that haven't been accepted and how do I cancel team membership of the completely inactive members?

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51