Lose 55lbs by year 2016

8 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
58 Posts
Jul 3, 2015 1:49am
via Android

I am determined to lose 54lbs by new year 2016, and finally be in onederland. I am tired of being over 200lbs. Its been more than most of the past 10 that I have not been in onederland. I started doing hiit workouts and walking. Im trying to stay under 1800 calories a day. I want to get to a size 8 in jeans. Im starting at 253lbs and a size 20 in jeans. Im working out most days of the week.

03 Jul
Im with ya. I have to lose 51lbs
03 Jul
Well awesome. Im glad you are here. So how much do you weigh now?
03 Jul
246 and i have to be 195 by dec
03 Jul
Just lose it..
03 Jul
Hey Josiel, well we are right there. And dont pay no attention to people who dont understand the struggles we go thru. We can do this. And we will. We are going to get determined to lose the weight. Mind over matter, right? Thats half the battle right there.
Icon_missing_thumb
1 Post
Jul 3, 2015 2:06am
via iOS
Cool. I'm with ya! Let's lose together! 
03 Jul
Alright. Lets go.
Image_thumb
821 Posts
Jul 3, 2015 2:18am
via Android

Ur right on the money. 3 lbs a week is very doable, and is in my opinion the right way to go about cutting weight. My only qualm is, you'll be just focusing on the number on the scale. I would like to hear, I want to cut 'x' amount of fat from my body. That is a much better goal.

03 Jul
Well Jovon, for sure I would love to cut out X amount of fat. I just dont know how much. I mean im about 39 bmi. So I dont know for my height and age how much is good for me. I just dont want to be considered obese anymore. I was though morbidly obese. So thats a progress, thank god. I mean ive heard of people having like 8 bmi. But those people are like bodybuilders. So I just dont know.
03 Jul
I assure you almost no one is 8 bmi. And bmi is good to know but you know it's been around since the 1800s. While it is highly accepted, and is a good tool for studies gather data for larger groups of people, it's very limiting to test per individual.
03 Jul
Oh ok. Then how can I measure my fat and know how much im supposed to have?
03 Jul
Anyway, if you live near a gym or nutrition supplement store. They have body fat anazlyers. You should check around to use one. It will tell you approximately how much of you is fat. You can then use that as a guide. I suggest start lifting weights, along skimble workouts with some good ol fashioned steady state "jogging" start tracking calories, and try to eat majority protein
10524307_10152213354507337_7166977266058347476_n_thumb
19 Posts
Sep 19, 2015 4:13pm
via iOS
Hey, I would Love to lose 55 by New Years, I am 190, and 5'7" 
We can do this
10524307_10152213354507337_7166977266058347476_n_thumb
19 Posts
Sep 19, 2015 4:56pm
via iOS
You are right about the numbers, i need my BMI to be 24.9 and my Waist 2 Hip Ratio to be which right now is .93. And my BMI is 29.3 it needs to be 24.9
My Bodyfat is 28 needs to be 25.

Image_thumb
58 Posts
Sep 28, 2015 3:56am
via Android

Hey guys, im glad some of you want to go along with me on this journey to lose 55lbs by new years. Well, I gotta tell you that I just came back from a vacation in mexico for two weeks and man after working out before getting there I ended up gaining 15lbs on my trip. So now I gotta lose 70lbs. Right now am at 269lbs. My heaviest ever was 270lbs. And am back again. I havent been this heavy since like 2011 when my daughter was born. So I decided to start on my journey again. Well, I gotta do it differently this time around cause obviously everything ive done before has not worked in the long run. This time im going to try eating higher protein and lower carb. Ill try eating mostly unprocessed foods. Im not really going to focus on how many calories but ill try eating cleaner. I also started doing cardio for an hour every other day and the opposite days im doing calisthenics and strength training for like 45 minutes. Im drinking black coffee or tea for energy and lots of water. Who else wants to come along and see how much weight we can lose by new years? I need motivators and people like me. We can motivate each other here. Come along.

Image_thumb
12 Posts
Sep 28, 2015 12:54pm
via Android

I know you're getting a lot of ideas thrown at you at once, but, here's another one :). When I first started actually trying to lose weight, I was focused on the number on the scale. I would weigh myself several times a day and restrict calories until that nightime number was lower than the morning. As a result, my diet was terrible. At my highest, I was 189. It took a long time for me to realize that "diets" don't work. Make getting healthy a lifestyle. Don't cut out your favorite foods, just find a recipe online that will make them healthier. Substitute good carbs for bad, use healthier oil options for cooking (coconut oil). Last, play around a little and figure out what physically demanding activity you really love to do. I'm a climber so I always recommend finding a climbing gym near you, but, try kickboxing, trampoline gyms, horseback riding, yoga, anything that interests you. If it's something you really enjoy, you'll keep going back no matter how hard it is. Start slow and build up to hard workouts so you don't end up injuring yourself at the beginning. Good luck!!! :)

28 Sep
You are absolutely right. I like that. Yeah, just twitching the way I make my food. And doing activities that I love. Ill defenitely try it. Thank you.
Image_thumb
58 Posts
Oct 4, 2015 12:27am
via Android

Cool Marla, welcome. Lets lose it together.

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51