Curious...cardio first then weights or...

5 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
1 Post
Jan 5, 2015 3:03am
via Android

Visa versa? Lift then run.
I'm new here also. Can't wait to meet everyone and get fit.

05 Jan
What I've been always told and trained. Was to always lift then run since you'll have more energy to run.
Image_thumb
821 Posts
Jan 5, 2015 3:09am
via Android

Depends what are your goals? If it's to lift more weight than yesterday you should warm up with ab exercise then hit the weights. I just read a study that found hitting abs before lifting weights was more beneficial than traditional warmups. If your goal is fat burn than you should run, lift, run, lift.  So it all depends on your goals.

Icon_missing_thumb
3 Posts
Jan 5, 2015 3:12am
via Android

Cardio and abs always last.  Abs should be the very last excersise before your cooldown stretching. :)

05 Jan
That's what was once the all mighty truth but recent studies are shedding light that everyone had it wrong. I've been training abs before weight training and I can vouch that it's more beneficial
Icon_missing_thumb
1 Post
Jul 29, 2015 10:02am

Thanks for sharing the information go and check out http://www.health.com information

Image_thumb
166 Posts
Jul 29, 2015 11:04am
via Android

Personally, I always do cardio after lifting or between my lifting days.  But as others have stated, it's really dependant on your goals. 

It's hard to say what's "the correct answer" on these kinds of topics.  People do tests and research and then that's taken as the "truth"  for years.  Until, another research study is done that says the complete opposite, lol.  I'm not sure ANYONE really knows, lol.

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51