The splits!

7 posts | Original | Recent
7 Posts
Aug 1, 2014 11:15am
via Android

I was just wondering has anyone ever learnt how to do the splits? Iv started stretches but im not expecting instant results, but I am doing alot of yoga and pole dancing for flexibility.

15 Aug
There is one pole dancing move that if you do it right it will stretch you into the splits eventually with out you even knowing it took me about 4 months and I was able to do it but only using the leg I use on the pole forward
385 Posts
Aug 1, 2014 3:47pm
via Android

Stretch your legs in splits position until it feel slightly sore and relax...

After a few minutes it's no longer sore so add a little more tension and repeat...doing this daily along with other leg sitting on your bottom and spreading you legs as wide as you can..A wall or some rope can help keep tension and leaning forward as far as you can eventually lifting your bump of the floor.

Main thing is to relax watch TV or music when doing this and in a few weeks you should try a dramatic difference.

Martial arts people do this to eventually do the splits and other leg movements

7 Posts
Aug 1, 2014 3:50pm
via Android

Thanks for the reply! Ill definitely keep up the stretches! I know I can do it if I put my mind to it!!! Thankyou

01 Aug
You are capable of anything if you want it...I'll happily help you where i can :-)
45 Posts
Aug 1, 2014 4:01pm
via Android

Hey :)

Splits has been one of my many goals. And I've been doing hamstring stretches for almost a month and now I can do a forward fold with my palms touching the floor.

So is fair to say that it'll take time to loosen your hamstrings enough to do a split.
And also be sure to stretch the psoas muscles. They are also integral for splits :)

211 Posts
Aug 15, 2014 6:06pm
via Android

Hey !! Just a suggestion before u try to do a split be very warm and drenched in sweat. If u go on YouTube u will get a split soon. I got mine too. Best of luck!

23 Posts
Apr 16, 2016 8:57pm

Hi Nicky, Silvie, the Verified Trainer, here. Have you tried my workouts that will stretch your hamstrings?

They will help you with you splits. 

15 Posts
Apr 17, 2016 5:58pm
via Android

I've done the splits before but I used a stretching machine while in my MMA class. It takes months but if you practice a little each day and don't push too hard you'll get there. You can use your own bodyweight but I prefer to be sitting and use a wall.

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51