Seven chakras

8 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
365 Posts
Nov 17, 2014 12:11pm
via Android

What are some good yoga exercises to heal/expand my chakras?? Mainly my root chakra, heart, throat and third eye. I have searched for some good yoga poses on here but no luck. Thanks

17 Nov
My fiancee has loads of good yoga workouts on here. Her name is Erin K, check my followers. Ive got my own created yoga workout but it's only for the core
17 Nov
Thanks so much Scotty that's exactly what I was looking for :)
17 Nov
You're welcome, there's loads of good created yoga workouts on here so let me know if you are looking for a specific kind. I don't do any yoga anymore atm but loads of my Skimble 'friends' do still
16 Apr
Hi Karen, Silvie, the Verified Trainer, here. Thank you for letting us know about your curiosity about chakras. I am happy to create some chakra workouts for you. Let me know.
Image_thumb
365 Posts
Nov 17, 2014 1:24pm
via Android

Someone that uses this app has to know about chakras.. :)

Image_thumb
26 Posts
Nov 17, 2014 6:14pm
via Android

Chakra gets awakened by meditation and concentrated breathing and being focused not getting distracted.. Once chakra gets awakened you will know, it is more of awakening of inner conciousness.. Good luck with that.

Image_thumb
26 Posts
Nov 17, 2014 6:47pm
via Android

Some more for your information.
The chakras are thought to vitalise the physical body and to be associated with interactions of a physical, emotional and mental nature. They are considered loci of life energy or prana, also called shakti, qi (Chinese; ki in Japanese), koach-ha-guf[22] (Hebrew), bios (Greek) & aether (Greek, English), which is thought to flow among them along pathways called nadis. The function of the chakras is to spin and draw in this energy to keep the spiritual, mental, emotional and physical health of the body in balance. They are said by some to reflect how the unified consciousness of humanity (the immortal human being or the soul), is divided to manage different aspects of earthly life (body/instinct/vital energy/deeper emotions/communication/having an overview of life/contact to God). The chakras are placed at differing levels of spiritual subtlety, with Sahasrara at the top being concerned with pure consciousness, and Muladhara at the bottom being concerned with matter, which is seen simply as condensed, or gross consciousness.

Image_thumb
159 Posts
Nov 17, 2014 7:17pm
via Android

Yoga is a holistic practice. Meaning it tries to heal your mind body and spirit together and sees them as interconnected. Emotions can effect the physical state of your body too..and specific emotions to specific zones or chakras..

Root chakra deals with your basic sense of security and feelings of belongingness. A good exercise for root chakra is squats. Think of the energy flowing up the earth(which is like the opposite of gravity which pulls u down) Think of it pushing you up as you do squats to strengthen root chakra energy.

All energy should be flowing up to your final chakra which is your crown chakra and above and beyond.  I know this sounds a little wishy washy to explain.

Heart chakra is the centre of love. Good morning sunshines and fish pose are great for this. But Confessions are a great exercise for healing it. Don't keep things in your heart and let it out and feel the free flow of energy. Your heart will feel a lot lighter when you do.
Heartbreaks can clog it. Try to remember love isnt about possession.

Throat chakra is related to creativity and are you truly someone who can express yourself and speak your mind? Singing is a good exercise.

The third eye is intuition and imagination. Maybe a 6th sense and psychic energy. Try a practice called Tratak or one point gazing.

The Crown chakra is final awakening. Its becoming spiritual and free of the materialistic world.

Both the last 2chakras can be worked on with meditation.  But overall all the asanas in yoga work to remove blockages and free the flow of energy throughout the body.

Don't try to be specific and remember yoga means union or the one-ness .. Everything is just energy at the end. And remember to stay positive.

Namaste

Image_thumb
365 Posts
Nov 17, 2014 7:46pm
via Android

Oh wow thanks you guys for the info :)

Image_thumb
365 Posts
Nov 17, 2014 9:28pm
via Android

I've read that each chakra has a specific color.. And wearing things of that color or eating foods that are that color can also help expand and heal your chakras.

17 Nov
I've heard the same - anyone "know" our experience that?
Image_thumb
138 Posts
Nov 26, 2014 5:27pm
via Android

Hello Karen..here are the various chakras(with their original names) in our body and their functions and the asanas to be done to activate them:
1.)First chakra-Muladhara chakra -located in the root of the spine at the tail bone.This chakra helps you to root yourself to the earth and centre yourself. Various asanas for this-Tadasana(also known as the mountain pose),Uttanasan,Prasaritapaduttanasan,Supta Baddhakonasan.
2.)Second chakra -Swadhishtana Chakra-located in the hypogastric plexus which is in the lower spinal area corresponding to the navel. This chakra invokes creative energy within you.
Asanas-Upavishtakonasan,Marichayasan,Baddhakonasan,Cat pose
3.)Third-Manipura chakra-located in solar plexus-it creates an inner power which is non-dominating and also invokes the sense of self-worth. Asanas-Parivritta Trikonasan,Virbhadrasan 3(it's a warrior pose),Navasan(Boat pose).
4.)Fourth-Anahata chakra- located in cardiac plexus in the centre of the chest. Connects the dualities within a person(male-female,positive-negative etc.).It invokes the sense of selfless love and compassion. Asanas-Half Bhujangasan(Cobra pose),Ustrasana,Dhanurasan(Bow pose).
5)Fifth-Vishuddhi chakra-located in throat plexus-it has to do with your sense of communication,self-trust,and experiencing the word through vibration,through language.Asanas-Shalabasan,Setubandhasan(bridge pose),Halasan and Paschimuttanasan.
6)Sixth chakra-Ajna chakra-located in centre of the forehead. It helps to develop one 's inner psychic powers.Asanas-Vrikshasan(tree pose),Eye exercises,Neck stretches.
7)Seventh-Sahasrara chakra-located  on the top flat part of the head in the cerebral plexus. Asanas-Meditation for 3-10 minutes.
So these were the chakras and other information related to them,you can look up the english name of some of the poses that i mentioned.Whatever i told you here is from the DVD by Trisha Maharaj Singh.All the best.Enjoy!!

26 Nov
Wow thanks!!

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51