Falling in <3 w pilates

2 posts | Original | Recent
1 Post
Jan 11, 2016 8:51pm
via Android

As the topic says, I am falling in love with pilates! I have neck/back problems which have made me stay away from the gym and had a baby 1 year ago so I have a bit more cushion than I'd like :)

Anyone else just getting into pilates? Or anyone who has practiced for some time have any advice for a newbie? I'm interested in getting a block and ring (I think that's what it's called) but I'd have no idea what to do w them.

Much love

45 Posts
Jan 13, 2016 3:09am
via Android

I started taking classes last September and I love it too!!! I think the best advice I could offer is to get an instructor/enroll in a class, if you don't already have one. There were a couple of Pilates moves I had tried using the skimble app before I started the class, and I didn't feel like the moves were doing anything. Then I went to class and my instructor corrected my hip bone placement, and bam! There it was! Suddenly I was working. :) I would actually suggest waiting to buy equipment until you have a plan for using it and have maybe tried it a few times in class or whatever. There are so many different kinds, and It can be pretty expensive, so you'll want to invest in items that you can use effectively. If you do buy props or equipment, shop around and see what you can find 2nd hand, you can save a lot that way.

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51