How often can/should you do yoga?

3 posts | Original | Recent

Icon_missing_thumb
6 Posts
Mar 3, 2013 9:41am
via Android

I've only been doing yoga for a few months now. I went to classes first to make sure my form was good and I was doing the poses correctly. Now I'm doing them on my own at home. I'm trying to figure out how often I should do it. I do a little every day just to stretch myself out, but not sure about longer, more intense sessions.

Also my gym offers power yoga that I am considering trying. Has anyone tried that?

03 Mar
I've been doing yoga for 5 years. I recommend gong to a yoga studio for a bit. Buy a small package if you can and attend the same class/instructor for the sessions. You will learn a lot and grow each session. Then I'd you want to do yoga at home, you will have some solid experience and know the main poses and asanas. Rodney Strong has great yoga DVD that would be ideal for home. Good luck! Yes, yoga is amazing for you everyday. Just be careful. I'd you ever feel pain, you've pushed too hard.
29 Apr
If you have the time, see if you can take 3 classes a week.
Image_thumb
1 Post
Mar 3, 2013 2:52pm
via iOS
I used to model and yoga is the best workout along with pilates to get long and lean muscles. You can do power yoga everyday and you'll notice your body shape changing. If you want an added challenge try hot vinyasa yoga or bikram. I personally am not a bikram fan... It's boring to me.... But other people swear by it. I do love hot yoga though ( upto 95 degrees in the room)
Image_thumb
33 Posts
Mar 3, 2013 7:21pm
via iOS
I love power yoga! I started with a package at a studio like a prev poster suggested. The sessions were 2hrs. They felt like 5min though - flew right by and very fun! I went every Sunday. Now i just fit some in everyday and sometimes do a full blown session. My body and mind definitely thanks me every time i do it! :)

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51