How do you stay motivated?

21 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
12 Posts
Jun 21, 2013 10:33am
via Android

I can never hit my goal or aim, instead I keep gaining weight I tend to be lazy and skip my workouts! How do I stay motivated?

Image_thumb
52 Posts
Jun 21, 2013 12:43pm
via Android

Get workout buddies.
rank yourself to get more attitude.
listen to music that keeping you motivated.. and work

Image_thumb
14 Posts
Jun 21, 2013 1:12pm
via Android

Definitely workout buddies. I have more energy when I have more people with me.

Image_thumb
37 Posts
Jun 21, 2013 4:04pm
via Android

I stay motivated through music, get a good beat going  or whatever you fancy going along too. :) workout buddies are good too. But keep reminding yourself why you are doing it. Just dont expect it to happen overnight :) xx

Image_thumb
60 Posts
Jun 21, 2013 4:50pm
via Android

You can write a book about this.
What I would do is
1. Take photo of you so you can see your body (without clothes) and re take same photo every few weeks or every month to see changes, this is fantastic motivator as you can see how your body is changing shape and you realise that this is possible
2. Take measurements such as weight, biceps size chest or any other part you wish to change trough exercises
3. Follow people on skimble and be followed this helps talk to them share ideas,
4. Try challenges such as 100 setups daily for a month, record on skimble so other can see your progress
5.talk about fitness to everyone made them mad, it helps
6. subscribe on Facebook to fitness pages
7. Start fitness blog write how you keep up
8. Start with shorter exercises and use snowball effect, I call this snowball effect when at the beginning I did 5min exercises then 15 30 60min and now I am around 1-2h per day this was done over 5 months
9. Be accountable if you decide you exercise do it don't think if but when
10. Set same time when you exercise for example I exercise everyday around 6:00 am
11. Exercise must become your habit
12. You have to enjoy exercises

I hope this will be good start for you

22 Jun
Clarification re 1. I meant you should take photo of yourself not me of you ;) I forgot to add about hi and low days. If you have high day you can move mountains, the more you train more days like this you will have and this is great. Hoever you will have low days too, there is no if but only when. Only think you can do is prepare for this days. Make sure on that day you will train this is where point 9 comes in play, even if is hard you will do it, whats is important...
Image_thumb
14 Posts
Jun 21, 2013 5:41pm
via Android

Seeing results.....

Image_thumb
12 Posts
Jun 22, 2013 2:25pm
via Android

Thanks so much for your advice!^^

Image_thumb
12 Posts
Jun 22, 2013 2:26pm
via Android

Thanks so much this really helped a lot!:D

Image_thumb
12 Posts
Jun 22, 2013 2:27pm
via Android

Thanks for your advice!:D

Image_thumb
92 Posts
Jun 22, 2013 4:12pm
via iOS
Deff by admiring others results and your own!! Feel accomplished even with the smallest changes cause they were more then they were yesterday
Image_thumb
147 Posts
Jun 22, 2013 4:17pm
via iOS
You know, getting my bikini body for the summer haha :-P 
Seriously though, I love seeing results and transformation. I enjoy seeing my hard work pay off. Your body is yours until the day you die, take care of it.
Image_thumb
168 Posts
Jun 22, 2013 5:56pm
via iOS
I have to admit I don't stay motivated. The thing is to make exercising a habit. You do your workouts no matter what and after a little time you are so used to do your thing, that you do your workouts not to lose weight, but because it makes you feel good and proud of yourself. And well, ain't there motivation enough? 
Image_thumb
39 Posts
Jun 22, 2013 6:36pm
via Android

Have workout buddies.
Enjoy the transformation you see in your body.
Tell yourself that you will always look good and feel good after a workout. Lastly, looking at pictures of your favorite female athletes and tell yourself you will be like them one day!

Image_thumb
1 Post
Jun 24, 2013 6:38pm
via iOS
How I stay motivated is I pick great music to bust a move too. It pumps you up and you keep going. Everybody wants that "summer" bod. Do it for yourself. Pick a photo of someone that amazingly in shape that you want to look like.. And you know that if you try hard you will achieve whatever you put your mind too.
24 Jun
I stay motivated by my goals. I want to be the best cheerleader in my squad.
Image_thumb
16 Posts
Jun 25, 2013 7:52pm
via Android

This application is my motivation.

Jun 25, 2013 9:50pm
via iOS
i dont keep my self motivated.. everytime i woke up, im already pumped up ang ready to go.. and i dont knkw why
Image_thumb
35 Posts
Jun 25, 2013 9:53pm
via Android

Im a self motivated person. I also thrive from motivating my peer to everything they do their best. I'm also some what similar to Tim Tebow, in that my spiritual views keep me motivated.

Image_thumb
2 Posts
Jun 25, 2013 10:09pm
via iOS
I started doing stuff like walking my dog everyday so now when I do it, it's not for me it's for him and I feel like if I don't take him he's being cheated and he loves it.. That keeps me motivated! Find something and focus on it to keep you motivated like a family member or a pet or just thinking about how you want to look or how you want people to see you! 
Image_thumb
4 Posts
Jun 25, 2013 10:57pm
via iOS
This app!!❤❤
Image_thumb
35 Posts
Jun 25, 2013 11:19pm
via Android

I look in the mirror

Fullsizeoutput_9c0_thumb
667 Posts
Jun 26, 2013 7:44am
via iOS
When you think of quitting think of why you started

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51