Diabetic

7 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
5 Posts
Jun 24, 2013 9:34am
via Android

Hey all is anyone else tryin to lose weight whilst been diabetic and have you got any tips
Ive managed to lose 5stone since jan 2013 and get off insulin however my stomach is huge still i lose about 1.5lb per week
I am recoverin from broken ribs but i am forcin myself to aerobics boxin and walk each day i watch what i eat and dont go over 1200cals each day i drink water
But the stomach not going anyone advise please

Image_thumb
612 Posts
Jun 24, 2013 10:04am
via Android

Well done on the weight loss already! Impressive results.
Your stomach will hold a lot of weight and in some people will be the last area to show signs of loss.  Keep doing what your doing.  1.5lb per week is still 75lb per year which is great. Have patience :-)

Image_thumb
45 Posts
Jun 24, 2013 12:25pm
via iOS
Alans right, some parts of the body lose fat first and some gain first. I lose fat on my tummy first but i lose fat on face last..
Image_thumb
12 Posts
Jun 24, 2013 12:28pm
via Android

Heyy!:) I'm diabetic, type one. Which type are you?:)

24 Jun
Hi im type two on metformin and a bydureon weekly injection
Image_thumb
33 Posts
Jun 24, 2013 9:52pm
via iOS
I am a type 2 diabetic. I had an A1C of 10.7. I changed my whole life in terms of eating and exercise. I lost 35 lbs  by walking. After I lost the weight I began weight training to increase muscle mass. I was able to increase calories and keep my sugar under control. I was so into it I even entered body building competitions. As stated be patient and it will disappear. My A1C is now 5.8 with no medication.
P.S. It was easier for me because I am retired and can devote my time to exercise and eating properly.
25 Jun
Wow u have to give my some food ideas
Image_thumb
12 Posts
Jun 25, 2013 1:12am
via Android

I'm not really sure about type 2 but for me, I'm on novarapid (short-acting) and glargine (long-acting). Before I exercise I have to consider my blood sugar at that time, the amount of food I have to eat as I don't want to get lows after that, or better, I reduce my dosage. I'm still getting the hang of it as I'm just a little over one year having diabetes:) I hope that you can successfully lose weight!^^

Image_thumb
11 Posts
Jun 25, 2013 3:04am
via iOS
You are beautiful in the inside and out don't worry about how u look its about how u feel about yourself on the outside
25 Jun
Awk so sweet

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51