Girls/Women Help!

11 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
6 Posts
Jul 5, 2013 11:31pm
via Android

Ok ,so I started my monthly cycle and my cramps are so painful What workouts can I do?

05 Jul
Honestly you can do any workout, its no different, other than using feminine products while doing so. Pop some pain killers and do your best. Though if it's really bad, pilates, yoga and walking :)
05 Jul
Also stay tight on your diet, don't let those cravings get a hold of you. Good luck!
06 Jul
Mm. Yea you're right I just wanted to know what kind of workouts are lose for the first few days because of cramping and my legs and hands shake alot , I thought I would make it worst or something, but I' ll try yoga. And for cravings I eat a mix of sweet fruit (: Thanks for the advice €:
Image_thumb
389 Posts
Jul 6, 2013 1:22am
via iOS
I find when I'm cramping walking the treadmill and biking actually help. 

Even if you don't workout, the most important thing is to stay with your healthy eating. Don't give in to the sweets, and junk

I'm on day 3 right now and yesterday was horrible, but I did what I could and made sure my eating was good. 
Image_thumb
6 Posts
Jul 6, 2013 1:26am
via Android

I started this morning and the next two days my body shakes, I feel weak and hard to do my workouts.

06 Jul
I would just take it easy if it takes that kind of toll on your body. Just watch your food intake a little closer til you are up to working out
Image_thumb
70 Posts
Jul 6, 2013 5:11am
via iOS
There are yoga moves that reduce cramping, maybe google it??  I used to have an app for that but it was on my previous phone and I don't remember the name.
06 Jul
Thanks I'll check (:
Image_thumb
37 Posts
Jul 6, 2013 6:52am
via Android

With body shakes it sounds you're not getting enough iron.. - as you're loosing it all through the process.  Try and eat foods high in iron.

Umm cramps would be painkillers but not paracetamol or ibruphen.. they don't touch it for me. Do the one which is designed specifically for that purpose.

But what helps is swimming/ running / jogging/cycling  , as soon as your in your own little world and focusing on something else .. you'll be fine. :)
Xx

06 Jul
I never thought it would be because of low iron >.< thanks for the advice! (:
Image_thumb
1 Post
Jul 6, 2013 11:40am
via Android

Walking, yoga and of course, the stretches. Stay active. Sweat. Drink lots of water. Cramps are hell but do your best to not let it get in the way of your fitness goals. :-)

06 Jul
Yes cramps should not be an excuse! Im not going to let it get in my way Thanks! (:
Image_thumb
41 Posts
Jul 6, 2013 3:19pm
via Android

I do my normal routines. I find that continuing to workout even though im cycling makes me feel so much better. I love cardio!

Image_thumb
17 Posts
Jul 6, 2013 3:42pm
via iOS
running or jogging could help...I used to jog esp when I have red alert and it eliminates d pain...I had cramps before during cycle and taking pain relievers but when started exercising esp running/jog it surprised me I didn't taking any pain killers now as long as I'm active on my routines...
06 Jul
Maybe if i do cardio it should probably get the pain away. Sometimes it's because we're not active.
Image_thumb
6 Posts
Jul 6, 2013 6:34pm
via Android
Stretch often and gentle walking. Dont do intense start with walking then jogging then running and so on it should take a few months at the most.
Image_thumb
6 Posts
Jul 8, 2013 4:23am
via iOS
for cramps, i just lie down and A little heating pad from CVS &  I just put it on my stomach. feels soooo good. :)
08 Jul
You know, My mom told me to do that and i didnt listen to her lol
Jul 9, 2013 4:26pm
via iOS
Ok, so I have a whole army of tips. I struggle with the same thing. Painful!!!  
Tip #1: drink lots of water
The water makes sure your movin along nicely on the inside.  
Tip #2: drink raspberry leaf tea. 
It has iron which waters down your blood, making cramps less painful. 
Tip #3: get out for short, easy walks. 
It is best to stay away from your normal exersizes, but walking helps sooth your stomach. 
Tip #4: take homeopathic cramp pills. 
You can find them at whole foods, vitamin cottage, ect. They are all natural and saved my insanity! 
Tip #5: EAT CHOCOLATE!!! 
Aside from the normal wonderful feeling it gives you, chocolate is a laxitant, so your body relaxes. 
Tip #6: take hot baths or lay warm rags on stomach. 
The heat helps with cramps, helps you to relax.  

Hope they help, it's kinda a mouthful! 
Happy relaxing! 
09 Jul
Thank you I'll keep those in mind (:

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51