Measurements question.

5 posts | Original | Recent
29 Posts
Jul 17, 2013 12:10pm
via iOS
I need to loose my weight but I know that my measurements are more important than what the scale says.

Is it better to measure ones self before, during or after a period? I know not a great question to Ask but need to know. I already loss 2 pounds but I felt it in my stomach before I saw it on the scale. Anyway your thoughts would be nice to see. Thank you, JRL.
389 Posts
Jul 17, 2013 12:16pm
via iOS
I do my measurements every Monday, regardless of period. If theres a fluctuation then I would make a note. Say if your more bloated, it would reflect on the next weeks measurements. I say just pick a day an go for it. 

If your only wanting to measure once a month I would choose the day your not menstruating. And keep it the same each month. 
17 Jul
Thank you, that helps a lot.
17 Jul
Your welcome...what are you measuring? My nutritionist had me measure my neck, chest, waist at belly button, hips, thigh, calf, bicep, forearm... All at the largest part of the body part. Also pulling the tape as tight as possible. If you want to lose inches try Jillian michaels 30 day shred. I lost 13 inches overall my body in the first week doing it 5 times that week. Week 2 I did level 2 for only 2 days and lost 4 inches. This is week 3 and I'm doing level 2 5 days this week..hoping to see lots more inches...
17 Jul
Thanks for the info. Right now I don't know my measurements because my son took off with my ruler and have to go through his 3.5 toy boxes to find it. Lol. Gotta love 5 year olds. I'm only going to measure once a month so I will have to wait in a wk or so. Lol.
10 Posts
Jul 18, 2013 3:27pm
via iOS
It's crazy but before my period I get super bloated and I've gained 7 pounds before. During my period it slowly goes down but then a few days after it I go back to my regular weight. Everyone's different but for me I'd measure myself a few days after my period is over.
22 Jul
Ok. Thanks :)
Jul 19, 2013 1:42am
via Android

I measure myself once a month

22 Jul
That's what I want to do just didn't know when was the best time.
24 Posts
Jul 28, 2013 6:19am
via Android

I measure myself about twice a month. (Only because I'm super anal about my results).

But I NEVER meausre myself while on my period. I gain about 5 pounds and about 2 inches while on my period. I get extremely bloated. I don't suggest you measure during your period. You'll only get upset.

Like mentioned before, I also suggest 30 day shred. It is really great. I lost inches doing it. I also have started running on a daily basis.

Best of luck

15 Aug
Thank you

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51