Am I getting old?!

2 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
13 Posts
Jul 22, 2013 5:31pm
via iOS
I was about 183pds when I was 20 and then jumped on the whole healthy lifestyle band wagon and lost about 50 pounds. I've kept it off for the past four years but this year (turned 24) I find myself gaining weight like crazy and I'm still working out and eating relatively well. I know I'm not old but I also know as the years go on its harder to keep weight off. Any suggestions from anyone who's gone through a similar situation ?

Thanks all!
22 Jul
Have you check your thyroid levels? Getting enough sleep? If your getting old. Then I must be a grandpa at my age. :-P
22 Jul
What kind of workouts? It could be muscle your developing.
22 Jul
I run quite a bit but recently have taken to some of the classes at my gym such as body combat and body pump. I would love to say its muscle but some of my clothes are getting a bit snug haha
Image_thumb
29 Posts
Jul 23, 2013 12:59am
via iOS
When I was 20 I just had a baby. I lost all the weight I gained and then gain 3x the amount back. Found out I was allergic to the food I was eating and my body couldn't digest it so it made me gain weight. Your best bet though is to go and get your thyroid tested first because that too can make you gain weight. Also this is the age your body will start preparing it self to conceive I know not something you want to hear. I'm sorry. Good luck on the weight loss.
23 Jul
Thank you for the response!
23 Jul
Your welcome

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51