True or False?

8 posts | Original | Recent

Icon_missing_thumb
80 Posts
Jul 23, 2013 6:50am
via Android

If you don't eat you actually get fatter?
Right before I got l pregnant with my son I wasn't eating...not because I didn't want to but because we didn't have any money to really eat. I actually got to my lowest weight ever. That was in 2011. I haven't been eating awhole lot lately because I just don't have much of an appetite. I snack on healthy stuff because I know I need to eat something but when it comes to meals I barley want anything. I'm working out on my own time plus using this app. I'm afriad my working out will be all for nothing, although I am losing inches around my waist I'm afraid I won't be able to actually lose the weight & tighten up.
Advice...please? :)

Image_thumb
19 Posts
Jul 23, 2013 7:59am
via iOS
In the short term you will lose weight if you're not eating, but in the long run you will end up slowing your metabolism (and thus put on weight). Your metabolism starts to stall after about four hours of not eating (it goes into "starvation" mode), so try to have small snacks if you can. I understand how you feel because I am often just not hungry. It's also really important to eat a breakfast of at least 250 calories within a couple of hours of waking up in the morning to get your metabolism going.
Image_thumb
19 Posts
Jul 23, 2013 8:02am
via iOS
Oh and I forgot to add, you also need at least 1,200 calories a day (likely more, but at least 1,200 to prevent your body from going into starvation mode). So again, start off your day with a 250 (or more) calories breakfast, try small snacks/meals every four hours or so, and aim for at least 1,200 calories a day. Good luck!! 
Image_thumb
1023 Posts
Jul 23, 2013 10:38am
via Android

Its impossible to get fatter by not eating. But it sure as hell isnt healthy. To keep all your bodyfunctions running your body needs fuel (food). This is called your Basic Metabbolic Rate. To lose weight the good way, dont go below this number of calories.

I think it would be best for you to do some googling and read some articles about the subject. There are some grat ones outthere.

23 Jul
Actually it is possible to get fatter by not eating. When your body takes in to few calories any thing it gets out of those calories turns to bad fat. When your body goes into starvation mode it goes after any good fats in your body and leaves the bad so you dont die pretty much. Now unless you eat 0 calories, you can gain weight by bearly eating.
23 Jul
Right. Now show me studies who support your things. You will lose lots of muscle mass. But saying you get fat by eating very little. Sure if you think so :-)
23 Jul
Can you explain my what the good fats and the bad fats that your body stores is? And explain to me, why would the body get energy from the difficult fat if it has stored lots of energy in the muscles.
Icon_missing_thumb
80 Posts
Jul 23, 2013 4:00pm
via Android
Wow, that's a lot I didn't know lol! Well thanks guys! I will make sure I'm eating a little more than I have been! :)
23 Jul
I love You miss. World hi hi hi. ..
Icon_missing_thumb
80 Posts
Jul 23, 2013 4:03pm
via Android
& somebody told me you will get fatter if you don't eat, that's where I got the question from lol
23 Jul
The problem with eating very little is you lose your muscle at a higher rate than your fat. That is beneficial for nothing
Icon_missing_thumb
80 Posts
Jul 23, 2013 8:49pm
via Android
Oh lol
Image_thumb
14 Posts
Jul 25, 2013 8:32am
via iOS
Yes, but not exactly for don't eat a meal. It's because the lose of a meal or meals disorded. It is because we change the way that our metabolism get the energy. This disorder can promote our body to almacrnate more fat for emergency states or simply for fuck!

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51