Constipation

11 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
27 Posts
Aug 21, 2013 2:01am
via Android

Anyone have trouble with this and found a good solution? I get enough fiber everyday but often have to resort to laxatives, which sometimes don't work either. The medication i am on, tramadol, also makes it 10x worse.

21 Aug
Daily drink 8 oz of warm water with 1Tbs of lemon in morning and at lunch.
21 Aug
Thanks, Laura. I'll have to give that a try!!
21 Aug
Most pain meds make you constipated. I suffer from two torn discs and 2 spinal cysts. On pain meds forever. Lots of fluids, try miralax daily instead, it's easier on your stomach
21 Aug
Miralax worked wonders for me in the past. Is it available over the counter?
22 Aug
More fiber...
Image_thumb
5 Posts
Aug 21, 2013 2:04am
via Android

Try drinking aloe vera juice. Its so good and very healthy for your digestive system :)

21 Aug
Thanks, Troy! I'll definitely take a look into that. :)
Img952013082395004434_thumb
118 Posts
Aug 21, 2013 2:23am
via Android

Some medications will make you constipated even with drinking lots of water and fiber i suggest talking to your doctor ask about switching meds

21 Aug
Yes, i've read that a lot of people have constipation with tramadol. Unfortunetly it has been the only thing i have been comfortable taking. I am not dependant on it, it does make me feel loopy and it is effective. But if i can't find a solution, i might have to try something different.
21 Aug
Oops. Doesn't* lol
Image_thumb
14 Posts
Aug 21, 2013 4:57am
via Android

Like Troy mention, aloe concentrate works wonders.  I personally use Herbal Aloe Concentrate by Herbalife. Plus, keeping yourself hydrated reduces constipation.

Image_thumb
26 Posts
Aug 21, 2013 5:35am
via Android

I believe in natural remedies before taking anything manufactured, but of course that's just me. So i would suggest fluids-a key when taking any sort of medication-and try high fiber foods that are easily digestive like fruit (plums, prunes, etc). Coffee can be helpful as well ;p
Obviously if you've tried everything you could, you can take suppositories but be warned, my friend who had this same problem says it's like a bomb going off lmao

Image_thumb
566 Posts
Aug 21, 2013 5:23pm
via iOS
Prunes do the trick. There's also prune juice as well.
Image_thumb
953 Posts
Aug 23, 2013 1:11am
via Android

It may also depend on the kind of fiber? I Don't know but it can't hurt to switch it up. I had these bran flakes that seemed so healthy (tasted like delicious cardboard so it's gotta be healthy right?) But I swear that stuff locked me right up. More fresh veggies, brown rice works great for me... Good luck

23 Aug
Thanks, Patrick. I'll try switching it up as well. Anything is worth a try! :)
Icon_missing_thumb
1 Post
Aug 23, 2013 5:03am
via iOS
Wholegrains :) but instead of harsh laxatives coloxyl with senna i think its called is good too!
Icon_missing_thumb
2 Posts
Aug 23, 2013 5:09am
via Android

Drink lots of water
Atleast take two cups of green tea daily..take care

Icon_missing_thumb
50 Posts
Aug 23, 2013 3:44pm
via iOS
Prune juice. Drink half a bottle (really high in sugar and carbs)...then call in sick. Cause after half a bottle of prune juice you're gonna need a lot of alone time! Lol
Icon_missing_thumb
8 Posts
Nov 4, 2013 3:28am
via Android

sista, MIRALAX. Thats the best ever. pain meds cause constipation and it sucks. 1 tbs in coffee or juice in a.m. results 3-4 days max. continue every other day afterward

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51