Runners Knee! :(

10 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
4 Posts
Aug 29, 2013 2:25am
via Android

Any one have a problem with runners knee? I am ok if I run every other day or so but running more than 1 day in a row kills my knees! Any suggestions?! Thanks!

30 Aug
I got alot of relief from changing my running form. Check out the New Balance neutral strike website. :-)
Img952013082395004434_thumb
118 Posts
Aug 29, 2013 2:52am
via Android

You can get patella support straps that go under the knee the help keep your joints in the knee tight and prevent swelling that should help.

29 Aug
Also take motrin it helps bring the inflammation down
Icon_missing_thumb
1 Post
Aug 29, 2013 2:54am
via iOS
You need to strengthen your hips. Here is a great link to some exercises, the hip adductor is recommended. Do it everyday for 6 weeks and then once or twice a week after for maitanence. http://runninginjuryclinic.com/resources/exercise-videos/
Image_thumb
4 Posts
Aug 29, 2013 3:23am
via Android

Thanks guys! Will try both and see how it goes! :)

Image_thumb
397 Posts
Aug 29, 2013 3:53am
via iOS
Ice them after every run
Image_thumb
1022 Posts
Aug 29, 2013 11:07am
via Android

How is your technique? Bad technique puts great pressure on the knees.

Image_thumb
4 Posts
Aug 29, 2013 6:00pm
via Android

I just jog around the block which is a mile. I don't have any trails nearby so sidewalk is my only option. I think part of the problem is flat foot which I recently bought Dr scholls inserts for that are custom fit.

29 Aug
With technique i ment more. How do you place your feet? Straight forward or out? How do you land? Flat feet or on the back of the heel? Without seeing and testing its almost impossible to see what the real issue is. Go and search on youtube bout running technique and maybe you can find what you do wrong. It could also be a weak knee in which case running might not be the best cardio option!
Image_thumb
2 Posts
Aug 29, 2013 11:55pm
via iOS
Alternate between the elliptical or bike every other day. It is much easier on the knees.  Rest at least twice a week if you are constantly running and using the elliptical/bike.
Image_thumb
2 Posts
Aug 29, 2013 11:58pm
via iOS
It can also be the type of shoe. Find a pair of shoe that supports your arch.  I use to have the same trouble but once I found a pair of shoes that fit me, I can run 5+ miles without any problems. Good luck !
Image_thumb
3 Posts
Aug 30, 2013 12:16am
via Android

KT TAPE. u can get it at sports stores or order it online. It's amazing. It's athletic tape and u can put it on anything. On YouTube they show u vids of how to put it on! I've had runners knee also

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51