Stretch marks?

11 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
24 Posts
Aug 31, 2013 8:54pm
via Android

I have a couple stretch marks on my stomach and thighs. Is there any way on how to get rid of them? Some are dark reddish color and some are light. I've been using organic coconut oil 2 weeks now cuz i heard it helps fade them away. But i still dont see any results ):

31 Aug
Hey, I lost 60 pounds and so I have a few stretch marks as well. They're even behind my knees. Weird stuff. But they will get less noticeable over time but I don't think it's possible for them to completely vanish love. Don't worry though. You'll still be beautiful. They're only battle scars.:)
31 Aug
Wow 60 pounds thats great! Proud of you! (: oh yeah i have some behind my knees too /.\ and aww thank you girl!!!
31 Aug
I have a defining Jel that I used for mine :) fades them and it tightens your skin so eventually they get smaller , small enough to not even see them anymore :)! I have tried everything then I found this jel and I'm loving it I had really bad stretch marks from gaining weight , loosing weight and having my son. They do go away:)!
Image_thumb
10 Posts
Aug 31, 2013 8:58pm
via iOS
My sister has stretch marks and she always use a bunch if different products to get rid if them but the stretch marks don't leave. The only way to get rid if them is with a surgery or massage therapy. That's all I know!!!
31 Aug
Thanks! (:
01 Sep
Anytime
Image_thumb
94 Posts
Aug 31, 2013 9:13pm
via Android

Earned my stretch marks well over ten years ago. They will eventually fade, but you will most likely have them forever. Wear them proudly

31 Aug
Alright i will, thank you so much (:
31 Aug
U can gently scrub olive oil at the stretch marks
31 Aug
Mhy pleasure ;)
Image_thumb
160 Posts
Aug 31, 2013 10:12pm
via iOS
I used to work in dermatology, and we got questions on this a lot.

First things first. The best remedy for stretch marks is prevention. This means avoiding diet situations that could lead to yoyo dieting, because a sudden weight gain almost always comes with stretch marks. This also means that it is not a good thing to lose a lot of weight quickly, because the suddenness of the weight loss could push you into a situation where you can't control your cravings anymore and gain back part of the lost weight quickly. Sudden weight loss followed by weight gain is the number one cause of stretch marks, followed by pregnancy.

Unfortunately, the whitish stretch marks only fade with surgery. However, the reddish ones, which are that colour because they are fresh, can be acted upon.

There is a plethora of products on the market, most of which don't work. Even the ones that should work end up not working because most people only target the problem area and don't realize that if they don't make their skin more supple all over, the skin will not spring back to its original spot. So, before reaching for the stretch mark product, hydrate your skin appropriately. A sign of a well hydrated skin is when you straighten your arms and the elbow skin doesn't stick out like a flap. Elbow skin is always rougher than the rest of your body, but when it sticks out of an extended arm, your body is not adequately hydrated.

Massaging the skin is good, especially with oils that penetrate the skin (I like Aveeno shower and bath oil) or, even better, with an oily lotion. But massaging on its own is not enough - you also need to work out for skin to be supple as it should be. I find that the Aveeno bath powders make skin super supple even if you use them only once a week, and I love that I don't need to contort my body to get to the hard to reach spots as I only need to soak my body. By the way, I am not in any way affiliated with Aveeno/J&J.

If you want to go the natural route instead of paying big bucks for stretch mark cream, you can use almond oil/butter and vitamin E (I like the Jamieson pure liquid vitamin E because you can incorporate it into all your skin care products, I add a drop every day to my face lotion). I don't know about coconut oil, it wasn't around when I was working in dermatology. But it does make sense to me as it contains all the right things for a healthy skin. Also, look for products containing panthenol, it really works in repairing tissue (I have no stretch marks, but I use panthenol to repair sunburnt skin with excellent results). Hand and foot creams usually contain panthenol.

Remember, skin is a living organ. It needs to breathe (wear cotton whenever you can; avoid synthetics; shed layers of clothes as much as you can), it needs sunlight (go outside often; avoid burning your skin), sweat (work out - duh!) and regular hydration (hydration should come from diet; creams and lotions are used only to keep the internal moisture from evaporating). There is no such thing as an overhydrated skin, so in case of doubt, use the lotion.
31 Aug
Thanks for the help! This helped me a lot (:
Image_thumb
10 Posts
Aug 31, 2013 10:27pm
via Android

Use this stuff called bio oil works amazingly well.    I stupidly scarred my neck with hair tongs but after applying it for week/ or two you can really see the difference.  :) its work wonders as I was worried that it would be a horrible looking scar.  X

31 Aug
Thanks girl! Ill try that out (:
Image_thumb
17 Posts
Sep 1, 2013 5:36am
via iOS
I have them on the backs of my thighs. I was in competitive gymnastics for years, and we would do a lot of stretching. Since I'm hypermobile, I had to overstretch (put my leg up on a box when doing splits, etc) which caused my skin to stretch along with the muscles, resulting in stretch marks. I don't really care too much that they're there, so I haven't tried to get rid of them at all. Good luck finding something that works! Just remember, you're beautiful exactly the way you are, a few stretch marks don't change that.
01 Sep
Yeah i guess ill just have to deal with it lol & thank yu soo much! (:
Image_thumb
20 Posts
Sep 1, 2013 6:04am
via iOS
I don't find anything wrong with stretch marks. Even the most professional athletes have them. Who cares, beauty is found within  . 
01 Sep
Wow the world needs more people like u Thumper T
Sep 1, 2013 8:36am
via Android

I tried hundred different ways to remove the stretch marks on my shoulder during my mid teenage days. Nothing worked at that time and started forgetting about it. Now after 10 years its still there but hardly noticeable as it blended with my skin color. My advice is to forget all such unnecessary  worries. Time heals. ;)

Image_thumb
2 Posts
Sep 1, 2013 9:36pm
via iOS
Bio oil, try it! It helped me, my sister and my mom when she was pregnant :)
01 Sep
Yeah i think i wanna try that out (: where can i buy it at?
Image_thumb
2 Posts
Sep 1, 2013 9:42pm
via iOS
In Denmark (where I live) I can by it in any beauty shop. It's a little box you won't notice.. Ask in any cosmetic store :)
01 Sep
Thanks girl! (:
Image_thumb
95 Posts
Sep 1, 2013 11:17pm
via Android

Have you tried Palmers coco butter its good for stretch marks when used consistently.

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51