How long do you workout each day?

15 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
8 Posts
Sep 30, 2013 11:04pm
via Android

I just wanted to know how long everyone works out for and how often. I don't get a lot of time each day I get about half an hour but I work out everyday..

30 Sep
Anywhere from 30-45 minutes at least 4 days a week!
30 Sep
Do you find that is good for losing weight, gaining muscle tone or maintaining a healthy weight?
30 Sep
Have maintained 84 pound weight loss for two years so yea it's good for all 3 :-)
30 Sep
Wicked!!! I plan on working out half hour each day maybe one day off a week because of my daughter I couldn't workout for longer then that each day
30 Sep
With the right workouts that should be more than enough!
Image_thumb
8 Posts
Oct 1, 2013 3:35am
via Android

I wish I could train for two hours a day I could probably do two half hours a day if my daughter allowed it, once I get settled into the new routine I will definitly up my workout time. The thing is too I want to ease into everything so that I am more motivated. I would rather make slow progress then over exert myself and become stressed about it. Plus I have to get myself back into shape considering I haven't properly exercised since before I pregnant.

Image_thumb
3 Posts
Oct 1, 2013 3:46am
via Android

Amount of Exercise More Important Than Frequency
July 15, 2013
A Queen’s University study has revealed evidence that the total amount of exercise performed per week may be as important, if not more important, than the frequency.
The study looked at the aerobic workout habits of 2,324 adults from across Canada in an effort to determine whether the frequency of physical activity throughout the week was associated with risk factors for diabetes, heart disease and stroke.
The subjects were divided into two groups; those who were frequently active – active five to seven days per week and those who were infrequently active – active only one to four days per week. All wore accelerometers to measure their physical activity.
“The findings indicate that it does not matter how adults choose to accumulate their 150 weekly minutes of physical activity,” says lead researcher Dr. Ian Janssen.
“Someone who did not perform any physical activity on Monday to Friday but was active for 150 minutes over the weekend would obtain the same health benefits from their activity as someone who accumulated 150 minutes of activity over the week by doing 20-25 minutes of activity on a daily basis.”
The take-home message being that adults should aim to perform at least 150 minutes of weekly aerobic activity whether all at once or spread out over time, however it suits their individual schedule.

Image_thumb
144 Posts
Oct 1, 2013 5:41am

Between 30 and 90 a day four to five days a week for me now. but my youngest is now five. If yours is just a baby, enjoy your 30 a day. Its enough to do whatever you want. And yes it will get easier as she gets older! All i can say iz th aa t if you are sleep deprived and in new parent blur...be safe. Broke my hand running when my first was 3 months old b/c i was just too damn tired and had no busiess trail running in that state. Holding a bottle with a broken hand is no fun!

01 Oct
If u have only 30 minutes each day, make sure to do high intensity interval training. That will burn the most calories and give your body the best results, inside and out. Make sure to give yourself one day of rest a week so ur muscles have a chance to recover. Diet is also important: eating the right foods at the right times is crucial!! I recommend the app Lose It! to keep track of your daily intake. This app will help u succeed in gaining, losing, or maintaining your weight with the right ratio of fat, proteins, and carbs....
Image_thumb
1 Post
Oct 1, 2013 5:52am
via Android

If u have only 30 minutes each day, make sure to do high intensity interval training. That will burn the most calories and give your body the best results, inside and out. Make sure to give yourself one day of rest a week so ur muscles have a chance to recover. Diet is also important: eating the right foods at the right times is crucial!! I recommend the app Lose It! to keep track of your daily intake. This app will help u succeed in gaining, losing, or maintaining your weight with the right ratio of fat, proteins, and carbs. Good luck!

Image_thumb
392 Posts
Oct 1, 2013 12:08pm
via Android

30-45 minutes

Image_thumb
265 Posts
Oct 1, 2013 3:35pm
via Android

Depends on the day since my life is extremely erratic. Minimum of 10 minutes up to 7 hours (5 being low impact cardio: walking or indoor cycling). I guess my average would be 45 minutes per day.

Image_thumb
170 Posts
Oct 1, 2013 3:38pm
via Android

I workout 2-3 times a day each is almost 1hour long sometimes 1hr 30mim

Image_thumb
8 Posts
Oct 1, 2013 3:49pm
via Android

Thanks everyone all the tips really help!!!!

Image_thumb
104 Posts
Oct 1, 2013 4:18pm
via Android

Bout a hour every morning at gym, 3days weights 2days cardio. I try to at least 30  to 45 minutes at home when time allows.

Image_thumb
8 Posts
Oct 1, 2013 5:55pm
via Android

Hey do you have star tattoos on your hips because I do as well

Image_thumb
6 Posts
Oct 1, 2013 6:17pm
via iOS
2 1/2 hours depending how i feel :)
Image_thumb
13 Posts
Oct 2, 2013 12:23am
via iOS
Depending on my mood it can go from 5min to 2-3hrs at the gym lol.
Image_thumb
124 Posts
Oct 2, 2013 4:01pm
via iOS
I work out with the insanity program in the a.m so 1hr insensive cardio in the am.  2 hrs in pm at gym. And a 45min run at 10pm

people tend to talk crap about me sayin it's ridiculous but I do understand risks and I'm in school to be a trainer so I'm good lol. Just love what you do
Image_thumb
512 Posts
Oct 3, 2013 3:06pm
via Android

I'm working out one hour a day.500 sit-ups, push-ups and 50 pull-ups. My actual weight is 60 kilos and I want to gain 5 more.

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51