Advice anyone?

18 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
23 Posts
Oct 21, 2013 3:29pm
via Android

So I'm 19 and I'm 5'5". Im not very skinny and I wanna get a flat stomach and smaller arms and thighs. Does anyone have any tips on how to get quicker results. Cause if I don't feel like I'm getting anything out if it I tend to give up.

21 Oct
Starting walking and running atleast 45 mins 3 days a week atleast. Include light weight training on the other days
21 Oct
I don't have weights... and I totally suck at running. And its getting really cold outside here.
21 Oct
Where are you from?
21 Oct
I live in Missouri.
21 Oct
Image_thumb
23 Posts
Oct 21, 2013 4:00pm
via Android

Anyone??

Icon_missing_thumb
3 Posts
Oct 21, 2013 4:07pm
via Android

Hi...its good to avoid carbs..and if possible go veg!

21 Oct
That's one of my huge problems. Im a very picky eater. I don't like fruits or vegetables really. :/
Icon_missing_thumb
3 Posts
Oct 21, 2013 4:16pm
via Android

U hav to my friend...
U wud get amazing results...

21 Oct
I just really don't think I can do that. I live with my bf and I have to cook for us and were on a very tight budget. And neither one of us likes that stuff.
21 Oct
Are their any other way I can get amazing results.
Icon_missing_thumb
3 Posts
Oct 21, 2013 4:22pm
via Android

Another amazing way is to pray to the Almighty!

21 Oct
Lol very true. :-) My main problem is just getting motivated.
Image_thumb
77 Posts
Oct 21, 2013 4:33pm
via Android

U should do the 2 minutes plank

21 Oct
I can barely do a 30second plank. Those things are hard!!!
23 Oct
April if u wanna do planks for 2 min u have to do it as long as u can the first time then everytime u do it increase by 10 seconds u'll be at 2 min in no time!
Icon_missing_thumb
64 Posts
Oct 21, 2013 4:33pm
via Android

You can follow some of the exercises which I am doing.you can do one of them either in the morning or evening.don't feel confused.just make a start.take small steps towards fitness..all the best.

49224_759698046_1823751_n_thumb
1 Post
Oct 21, 2013 4:34pm
via Android

Join a group, whether a formal one like Weight Watchers or an informal one you set up yourself. Make a public commitment to your diet and exercise goals, and report back regularly... For the group I had we all reported in every morning. Also take up weight training; it will improve your metabolism, and tone the muscles. But you probably also need to strip some fast from those tinged muscles to see them, so I'm afraid Miguel is right, you are going to have to find a way to make fruit and veg a major part of your first. Surely you can't dislike all fruit and veg? Experiment, find what you do like. If you don't like preparing it, buy ready washed, ready chopped for convenience. But nobody here can motivate you. I know it's tough, but that has to come from within you. You don't get your dream body by wishing, I'm afraid!

21 Oct
Thanks... I will try and see what I can do. (:
21 Oct
I saw you don't have weights, but a resistance band is a small cheap way to start a resistance programme
21 Oct
You could also try a food diary... It can be a really scary eye opener. There's a good book by a guy called Pete Cohen called Lighten Up. Not a diet, but a lifestyle reevaluation.
21 Oct
I think my sister has some of those. She gets them from her therapy.
21 Oct
I may start doing that.
Icon_missing_thumb
64 Posts
Oct 21, 2013 4:40pm
via Android

You can do  Core the Pilates Way

Rapid-Fire Obliques
Core Abs & Stretches
Do these exercises..alternate them.make small targets...set a target date and stick it somewhere where you can see it..

21 Oct
Thanks. I will definitely do that. (:
Image_thumb
145 Posts
Oct 21, 2013 4:48pm
via Android

Eat plenty of fruits, vegetables, seeds, nuts, and lean meats. Also, drink plenty of water. You can have a cheat day every once in a while too. It helps me sometimes. Good luck!

21 Oct
Thanks. :-) I'm going to try my hardest to stick to it this time.
Image_thumb
23 Posts
Oct 21, 2013 5:15pm
via Android

I just did my first workout guys!!! (:

21 Oct
Fabulous, what did you do?
21 Oct
I did a workout called abs of steel. Lol.
Icon_missing_thumb
64 Posts
Oct 21, 2013 5:27pm
via Android

Cool...

Image_thumb
170 Posts
Oct 22, 2013 12:36am
You will get something out of it if you don't stop.
Image_thumb
170 Posts
Oct 23, 2013 1:45am
Don't give up you will get better!
Image_thumb
6 Posts
Oct 23, 2013 2:31am
via iOS
Hey, you gotta learn to love veggies and fruits. Try as many fruits/veggies as possible and stick with the ones you like. A big thing to remember is cutting down portion size. Drink a tall glass of water before meals and rember soda is your worse possible enemy. Dieting is half the battle.
Image_thumb
17 Posts
Nov 13, 2013 1:51pm
via iOS
Portion sizing!!! Being on a budget AND living with a picky guy makes it that much harder. Haha. I have both. Couponing can help get some healthier snacks. And yoga is incredible. It sounds easy but it's a lot harder then it looks. Inversions and arm balances build muscle in your arms back and abs. Start easy and as you get comfortable up the level. YouTube is a wonderful tool. :) check out FitQueenIrene she does awesome videos that helped me immensely!
Image_thumb
116 Posts
Nov 13, 2013 7:23pm
via Android

cardio and eating healthy is key but weight trading is just as important because it builds muscle and muscle burns fat. I would do light weight with high reps.

Image_thumb
143 Posts
Nov 13, 2013 10:55pm
via Android

Cardio for losing weight go on a diet also if you plan to get abs you would want a flat stomach to start because it will make it easier to get abs

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51