How well do squats work?

3 posts | Original | Recent

Icon_missing_thumb
2 Posts
Nov 21, 2013 3:17am
via Android

I know that you don't see progress immediately, but I'm wondering if the squats will actually help my butt become more firm amd have a round shape. Booty Bootcamp

Image_thumb
45 Posts
Nov 21, 2013 4:05am
via Android

They helped mine! I did the squat challenge without weights in a bit over a month (got sick in the middle of it and some plain old hectic days) and I personally noticed a difference in about two weeks. My fiance did too! But remember that if you have a bit of weight to lose, squats (or really any toning exercise) won't seem to help until you burn that excess off with clean eating and cardio. You'll just build under the fat. Having more muscle mass does help burn more fat, but cardio is best for fat burning. Then, squat away!

25 Nov
Well said good advice and I agree with you
25 Nov
Ok thanks. I'm petite. Don't have much fat. So just squats should work for sure?
25 Nov
Squats should firm up the bottom of your butt. They did for me. I would add some lunges too. I have a picture on my profile of "triangle training". There's three main muscles amd squats help the bottom, lunges the middle and jumping jacks help the inner upper part. I'd say a combo of all three would probably work best. If you just want to lift, squats should be plenty to start. Hope this helps!
Image_thumb
52 Posts
Nov 21, 2013 4:52am
via Android

Add some lunges as well, they're a winning combo!

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51