Workout bra

10 posts | Original | Recent

Icon_missing_thumb
1 Post
Jan 3, 2014 10:07pm
via iOS
I need help finding a good workout sports bra that I won't have to spend $100 on. I am a 26 year old woman, 5'7 and I weigh177 pounds. I want to lose at least 37 pounds so I can weigh 140 pounds. I want to tone everything up, and I find it hard to workout as when I need to jump or run the sports bras I use don't support me, it hurts as I feel the weight of my breast when it falls. I am a D cup although I feel like I may be a DD now.

Also, the bras I have, I paid at least $80 each for and I don't feel like I'm being supported. If I have to pay more, I would like great support. I don't want them to move and if they must move, minimal movement.

Any and all suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
04 Jan
Joy - they will move at least a little. I'm a generous b most days and mine tend to bounce a bit. My most supportive bra is from underarmour. It's their seamless style, and it ran me about $30 I believe. If you find one doesn't do the trick, try wearing two. You may need to wear two different sizes. I have shirts with built-in bras and wearing them over my sports bra tends to really limit bounce. Good luck!
04 Jan
I'm a DD and yes I wear a high impact sports bra from target and a 2ND lower impact one as well both were less than $30
24 Jan
I love Target or Old Navy. They have great high intensity bras. I've started getting a lot of my athletic gear from Old Navy. Great prices too!
Image_thumb
566 Posts
Jan 4, 2014 12:35am
via iOS
Wal-Mart has great sport bras! I've bought like 8 of them. Paid $16
04 Jan
That's where I get mine too!
04 Jan
Great deals :)
Image_thumb
7 Posts
Jan 4, 2014 3:05am
via Android

I'm a 36D so I also need lots of support. The only place I've found awesome sports bras was Wal-Mart! I believe they are by Dansko and they are the High Impact ones. I know they run under $15 usually and sometimes I get them in a pack of three for that price. I run a lot and they give amazing support and are comfortable.

Cheyenne

Image_thumb
55 Posts
Jan 4, 2014 4:12am
via Android

If you feel hurt i think your bra is too tight find something comfortable for you by choosing the right size. Find on google how to measure your bra. I like nike give me support whn i do high intensity workout. Good luck to u

Image_thumb
34 Posts
Jan 6, 2014 5:07pm
via iOS
I'm a 34DD, a long distance runner and burpee fan. So I tend to value serious support for my girls. 

My go-to was Lululemon's TaTa Tamer but the price is insane. The Shock Absorber is also really good (and sadly expensive). 

I went on eBay and looked for "level 4" (a relatively standardized measure of support) sports bras and ordered one for $15 to see if it could do the job. Turned out to be the best running bra I've ever had. 
Image_thumb
11 Posts
Jan 6, 2014 8:18pm
via Android

I refuse to pay a lot for my sports bras as well I get most of mine from target usually on clearanceI buy  a size smaller to help with support it helps

06 Jan
Me too small. ..
08 Jan
Does that work?
08 Jan
Image_thumb
49 Posts
Jan 6, 2014 8:20pm
via Android

Target

Icon_missing_thumb
1 Post
Jan 24, 2014 12:24am
via iOS
I usually run in Moving Comfort's Maia bra. It's very supportive, and of course wicking material.
Il_fullxfull_278627910_thumb
1 Post
Jan 24, 2014 1:14am
via Android

Ive actually found good bras at Wal-Mart too. The style I bought zips up in the front and has a crossback. I am 5'6" and 205 lbs and also DD. I could never get any other bras over my head and shoulders without getting it stuck. But with s zipper you don't have to worry about that. They are Danskin brand the Wal-Mart clothing brand.

Image_thumb
122 Posts
Jan 24, 2014 12:30pm
via Android

I say the hell with the bra.....its just the man holding women down!

No?

Only kidding.... Got nothing just bored!

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51