Breast issues!

23 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
20 Posts
Apr 18, 2014 12:24pm
via Android

I'm 22 and have a 26.5 inch waist and am now out growing a 28gg bra (why don't the waist sizes come smaller?). Naturally, i experience a lot of discomfort all day, everyday, standing, walking, sitting, sleeping and exercising. To sum up, there are a lot of issues i have with them (unwanted attention, pain, lack of confidence etc) and its preventing me keeping in shape as i struggle to workout.

I have been looking at some good sports bras but id need a size 28hh which isn't available for me to try on and very expensive-but i'm happy to save up the money.

What would be great is if anybody knows if there are exercises that will help either:
-Shrink
-Firm
-Lift
-All the above

I have been trying to get a breast reduction but am struggling to prove to nhs how desperate my need is, even though i have so many breast related issues and i can't afford private.

I have been doing exercises to strengthen my back which helps a little but only with the back pain.

Im also trying to lose weight hoping that will help but so far my breasts have stayed big :'(

Any help appreciated, or any advice from girls with the same problem xxxx

25 Apr
Give some too me ;) lol. Jk. I dnt know. My need to grow. Any suggestions?
12 Jul
Doing chest excirsizes and running help to reduce breast size. My mom was a D, and now shes almost a B
Image_thumb
954 Posts
Apr 18, 2014 12:45pm
via Android

Wow. This might be a complete dead end but have you looked into traveling overseas for the surgery?

Some countries which specialize in these sorts of things offer them for much more reasonable rates and in some cases you could fly in, vacation for a couple weeks, get your surgery, and fly back and still have saved a ton of money from what it would cost at home.

Just a brainstorm idea based on minimal info. I hope things work out for you.

03 May
Denmark does it if your over a DD
Image_thumb
20 Posts
Apr 18, 2014 12:56pm
via Android

Thanks -yeah my boyfriend suggested it so its something we're considering, i need to do some more research in to wheres the best place for it and stuff but definitely simething i would consider-thank you :-)

18 Apr
No prob I figured you probably were exploring all options but I also know some ppl wouldn't even think to consider overseas... Good luck.
Image_thumb
20 Posts
Apr 18, 2014 1:02pm
via Android

I didnt at first tbh, but once i considered it i've warned to it quickly. I mean, suffer is really a last resort after years of physio and yoga and drs appts and special diets and exercising, obv the best option will always be avoid surgery and risk and scars and stuff but it seems it cant be avoided if i wanted to fix the inherent issues. Thanks for thwe advice and support!

Image_thumb
1022 Posts
Apr 18, 2014 2:26pm
via Android

Seems to me you will struggle with this problem even when you lose weight/fat. Im not an expert on the matter. But it seems to me that strenghtening ur support will make a some more tolerable while strugglin still with the issues.

Image_thumb
30 Posts
Apr 18, 2014 3:03pm
via Android

Keep badgering the NHS, maybe start keeping a diary of your physical discomfort. Include any unwanted attention and how it affects you. My sister in law was a similar size to you and got her surgery on the NHS eventually but it was a struggle and she had to fight to prove she needed it. Also try different GPs if yours isn't overly supportive. Don't give up. Good luck!

Image_thumb
20 Posts
Apr 18, 2014 3:26pm
via Android

Yeah ive been badgering for a couple years-managed to get a scan with pct who decide if nhs will pay for surgery but according to their scan i was 2% outside of their threshold-whatever that means. I tried to appeal but their decision was upheld on the basis of that 2%. The diary is a good shout :-) its nice to know that people do get help! Its a shame we have to practically fight for years!

Image_thumb
30 Posts
Apr 18, 2014 4:57pm
via Android

Maybe u could gain a little weight rather than losing? Might push u over the threshold? 2 percent is nowt...

18 Apr
That might be a good idea. Gain some fat and a lil increase in brest size. Cuz 2% is bogus.
Funky_side_crow_thumb
289 Posts
Apr 18, 2014 9:46pm
via Android

Another idea: write to your local MP explaining how the issue is effecting your physical, emotional and psychological health;  & explain that your PCT refused to fund your treatment. Ask the MP for advice on how you could get the treatment you need and plead with them to take up your car with the PCT.

18 Apr
Image_thumb
20 Posts
Apr 24, 2014 12:05pm
via Android

Yeah that 2% is the bane of my life- ive always been weary of putting weight on (i used to struggle with anorexia/bulimia) but now im in a stable place i think it might be worth trying to gain a few pounds to increase size a bit more. I just dont want to put on the weight and then they still wont consider my appeal!

Image_thumb
20 Posts
Apr 24, 2014 12:06pm
via Android

Another great idea!

24 Apr
Maybe your anorexia history is another point to be added to the argument to make the nhs reconsider. Also, try bravissimo for sports bras
Image_thumb
1022 Posts
Apr 24, 2014 7:36pm
via Android

Get pregnant haha. You will surely beat that 2% after it!

Image_thumb
20 Posts
Apr 25, 2014 1:05pm
via Android

Yeah ive dropped it in before but again i just need to be persistent. Yeah bravissimo stock the 28hh shock absorbers i need! Just gotta wait til pay day :-)

Image_thumb
20 Posts
Apr 25, 2014 1:07pm
via Android

Id prefer to get rid of this problem before getting pregnant tbh. There are other ways to try and manipulate that 2% ie weight loss/gain. Its just ridiculous i have to change my weight to beat this 2% that was no doubt decided by a breastless person.

Image_thumb
117 Posts
Apr 26, 2014 1:24am
via Android

OK first off I'm telling you this as a third party because the biggest I've EVER been was a 38C (I'm currently a small 34C wishing I were a 34DD)

Pectoral exercises can help lift and firm BUT it may also make them bigger because your building the muscle beneath them.

In order to prove they are a detriment to your health you'll need to see a doctor tell them the situation and see if they will back you up and write a letter to attest to how damaging they are to your health.

And BTW if you getting rid of them ILL TAKE THEM!!!!!

Your beautiful big boobs or not... And guys will always find SOMETHING to stare at on a beautiful female. At least this your used to (Just saying).

(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Image_thumb
20 Posts
Apr 26, 2014 8:47am
via Android

An interesting way to look at it but I feel like people in general, ladies included, friends, family, colleagues-the first thing i ever get is a comment on his how big they are. Its never thats a nice outfit or you did really well to get a first in your assignment or w/e. Its just sad to me that my boobs are so distracting that almost every other aspect of me is overlooked. Yea ive been drs repeatedly and the pct scan was as helpful as it got and probably just to shut me up but as im apparently 2% out of their threshold for nhs funded surgery i just keep getting that thrown at me. They stopped physio for my back so ive been practising it as much as i can in my free time as well as yoga. They stopped the counselling. Tbh the drs can see all of the proof that im constantly in physical and mental pain and the only argument anybody has against me now is that 2% bullshit. Ive just had another sleepless night tossing and turning trying to be comfy but aching instead but even when i tell them that theyre just going to quote that 2% like its a holy scripture! I am now seriously conaidering surgery abroad but its still a lot of saving!
Thamks for the workout advice, thats a good point about building the, muscle there so thank you!!!
Thanks for all the support-everyone! Xxx

26 Apr
Don't take it personally that your boobs are how people separate you from the group..... I've seen this a thousand times ... Picture this with me... a group of girls standing together and a second but smaller group sits near by the new girl is in the small group and introduction from a distance are this.... The red heads a total slut ... The fat ones dad's rich ... The ridiculously stacked she's a sweetheart only one worth talking to in the group.... And you can tell where I'm taking this. Basically people will identify you by your most noticeable...
Image_thumb
20 Posts
Apr 26, 2014 9:05am
via Android

Unfortunately i have done absolutely nothing to make my breasts grow. Theyre totally natural and i havent done exercises or had a specific diet to make them bigger :( x

26 Apr
Sadly I've tried EVERYTHING short of fake boobs other than mine the smallest in my family are my 17 year old cousin who's a 32DD.... Average for my family is DD I'm the ONLY one who's been smaller
Image_thumb
28 Posts
Jul 4, 2014 7:19am
via Android

I Love your hair!

Fashion-fuck-you-girl-hair-middle-finger-favim
13 Posts
Jul 4, 2014 7:41am
via Android

I had a breast reduction about 2 years ago after switching my PCP because she was taking what I felt was too long of a time to document my issues related to my large chest. My new doctor suggested a few plastic surgeons right away and I immediately went home, researched them, then made an consultation with the one I felt fit. Maybe it was the combination of doctors' claims or the years of records, I'm not sure...but eventually my insurance agreed to cover my breast reduction.

I developed young and it just caused a lot of issues both physically and socially. People can be extremely cruel or inappropriate. Even when it is not only a female but a young one at that. So I had years of built frustration from waiting for this surgery. In the meantime, I tried various forms of exercise from weight training to yoga. The main thing to remember is that you want to strengthen your back and sides. This will not only help posture,  but relieve the pull from the weight of your breasts and keep your muscles engaged.

Good luck with everything!! Any questions or comments, please feel free to write me. ☆

Image_thumb
140 Posts
Jul 4, 2014 7:55am
via Android

I have dd and I was thinking about surgery because it really does kill your back I was 36 dd now I will be 34 dd from loosing weight and not much boob loss. Everyone always stares its so annoying my dad yelled out that they were "huge" the first time he met my boyfriend. So if you're even bigger I don't see it as a bad choice to get a surgery. I've heard they just restructure what you already have. And it's great that your boyfriend is looking into this with you. I hope things work out!

Image_thumb
20 Posts
Sep 4, 2014 8:43am
via Android

I feel you girl! Constant backache is no fun and idk if you have this problem but it stops me sleeping comfortably!

Image_thumb
20 Posts
Sep 4, 2014 8:48am
via Android

Thank you so much! Where are you based? I wish i was in a position to get it done privately but its not rly an option even w a payment plan cause the interest will leave me debt ridden for life! Yeah strengthening my back and improving posture is rly important, dyou know any specific exercises that help w this?

04 Sep
Go to colombia
Head_thumb
24 Posts
Sep 4, 2014 1:57pm
via Android

I can't help with exercises, but investing in a good sports bra (and bras that fit) will change your life. I'm a 30GG and swear by my shock absorber (which you would want a 30HH  in the 4490 multi sport, often on sale on amazon or ebay. Runs small. I wear either a 30H or 32GG).  I know a lot of ladies swear by the panache sport, which most take a cup smaller. Other great options would be lynx (wonderful customer service will help you with sizing), or you can get a custom sized enell, which the busty triathletes swear by.  Amazon and ebay sometimes have good prices. You can also try braswap on reddit or look for listings on bratabase to keep cost down. Clothes for boobs group on facebook, too. I know it's expensive. But I swear, it will completely change your life and the intensity you can achieve in your workouts. No issue at all with running now. Can even do jumping jacks without much fuss.

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51