The Guide to the Booty you always dreamed off!

9 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
1022 Posts
May 6, 2014 1:20pm
via Android

Dear ladies,

Summer is comming, and i see more and more topics about workout programmes for the booty. And since most answers are just 'squats'. I thought lets make a topic to help ya'll out. Cuz every girl deserves to have the info for a better butt!

Workouts for the posterior chain (the muscles on the back-lower side of the body) dont have to be difficult. You just need to know why and how you are doing them. And i think most lack that insight. With adding 3-4 exercises to your routine a week you can get results. Ofc building some muscle takes time, but we all know that alrdy.

2 workouts:

Squats, hip thrusters, donkey kick backs.

(Straight legg/single legg or normal) Deadlifts, (walking) lunges, glute bridges.

2 different gym orientated workouts that aim for the glutes. The glutes are 3 muscles, and to get the best results you want to target to glute maximus.

Squats are a great legg exercise. But in my opinion a lil hyped when we talk about the butt workouts. Why? Because your muscles work in a chain reaction when you squat and the glutes only do the work a smaller part of the lift. And its not the heaviest part. So next to squats (which are still pretty damn good) we should focus more on exercises that primairly target the glute maximus. You can not do without glute bridges and hip thrusters in my opinion. And also you need to go heavy! and intense. Those leggs are working machines and are build to handle whatever we throw at them.

So,
How many sets/reps etc? There has to be a varieity in it. The glutes are muscles which contain alot of different muscle fibers. What this means is, the muscles are designed to do heavy work but also long endurance work. To get the full muscle to work we need to incorperate different types of tension.

I personally like to go heavy on the mainlifts (squats, deadlifts) and keep the reps low.
I usually do 3 to 6 sets of 5 reps.

Go high in reps on things lunges, step ups, donkey kicks. Using heavy as possible weight which you can make good repititions with. These will totally drain your energy and will to live another day. If done correct you can feel the thrembling in your hamstring and the glutes will hurt!
I would go for 3 sets of 8-12 reps.

Now the glute bridges and thrusters come in play. These are movements in which you should focus on the contraction of the muscle. These can be done with or without added weights. They key is to squeeze and get those muscles fatigued!
Think less in reps but more in tension. This will be a lil searching out for urself. How far can you go how good can you keep the tension on them.

There are plenty exercises from which you can switch. But you should always keep the philosophy in mind.

This is just my look on it. Im sure there are alot wiser ppl arround who can give alot better info than i can. But still i wanted to share this.

Questions, flaming, and everything here below .

06 May
Rappa thank you, you gave me good information
06 May
Yw. Sharing info is always fun to do.
06 May
Agree 100 % My motto is variety! Also let's not forget cardio. We can't do any of this if we have fat on our backside. The dimples only appear when the rear end is lean. Just my opinion...
06 May
Yea getting leaner is also a part of the process for the most. but a bit too fat but with some muscle is still better than just a fat butt :-)
07 May
very good topic rappa! great workout tips! you must have a nice booty ;) haha jk. kinda
Image_thumb
1022 Posts
May 6, 2014 1:28pm
via Android

This became a lil longer than i planned

Icon_missing_thumb
14 Posts
May 6, 2014 4:11pm
via Android

Wow thank you!!! Helps me out alot!!!

Image_thumb
45 Posts
May 6, 2014 10:09pm
via Android

Rappa, you are dead-on. Along my journey I've incorporated these and once I have, results have started to become more and more noticeable!

My gym actually has a kickback machine, but if yours doesn't, I suggest using the cables. And don't be afraid to go heavy - you'll surprise yourself with what your legs can do!

07 May
Cables or a smith machine will workfor kickbacks. And thanks.
Image_thumb
32 Posts
May 6, 2014 11:15pm
via Android

This is gonna sound cliche' but twerking really helps a lot. My butt is always the first thing to go because I work that the most, this time around its staying in place. I do most of the things you named especially squats and lunges, but I dance also. The things I do the most That I really feel are the booty pops lol. You focus on your glutes and move one at the time or both at the same time, but it really helps tighten the muscles. You can also do it in a squat which is double the results or in any position even laying down watching tv which I tend to do a lot lol. Just a bit of my two cents.

07 May
Twerk it ;)
Image_thumb
15 Posts
May 9, 2014 4:49pm
via Android

Finally! The post I have been looking for!! Thanks so much for the info.. :D :D

09 May
You are welcome
Icon_missing_thumb
3 Posts
May 10, 2014 3:48pm
via Android

Such a helpful post!!

Image_thumb
1022 Posts
Jun 7, 2014 12:18pm
via Android

Oke girls. Almost summer. Get to work ;)

Image_thumb
19 Posts
Jun 7, 2014 3:03pm
via Android

Don't forget side lunges, too add to Rappa's well detailed info make sure at the top of all these exercises you SQUEEZE! Example at the top of a squat squeeze you buttocks tight and push hips slightly forward, pushing your pelvic area out. This is the hip action used to throw a proper muay Thai knee and Teep. Let me tell you as a man I have see no nicer rounder tighter butt than the ones on the girls at my gym who do Muay Thai. You add the aide lunges to the workout Rappa described above and you'll have a well rounded butt workout for a well rounded butt. Train Hard Fight Smart team KUM GIT SUM

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51