The pill

4 posts | Original | Recent
4 Posts
May 28, 2014 10:12pm
via iOS
Okay so I'm about to start using birth control because my periods are really really bad. I'm 20 years old, weigh about 123, and am 5 foot 3 inches. I'm worried about gaining weight because I've heard so many horror stories. Any words of encouragement? I'm currently trying to lose weight. My lightest was 104. I'd like to be at least 110.
28 May
Take something that wont mess with your hormones. Get the V ring. Goodluck :) p.s. you wont gain anything as long as you keep working out and stay consistent with your diet.
23 Jun
I'm the same size and age as you. I have never gained weight on the pill. It has helped my periods tremendously. I don't cramp and bloat as much either. Also my periods last about two days shorter than they did before I was on it.
24 Jun
BTW I take Lo Loestrin Fe.
29 Posts
May 28, 2014 11:35pm
via Android

I was on the pill from age 15 to 20 and didn't gain weight from it. Stick to what you are doing and you will be fine. I am sure it depends on the exact pill you are being put on. And be prepared for your cycle to be out of wack for a couple months. Good luck!

9 Posts
May 29, 2014 12:42pm
via Android

Ohh yeh.. that contraceptives cause water retention right.. but its not permanent. You'll gain alil and lose it in a couple of weeks

23 Posts
May 30, 2014 4:02am
via Android

If its the period pain that's the really bad part you're talking about then, not all contraceptive pills help with that. Infact, some make it worse. If its flow you're referring to then it will take a little bit for your body to adjust to. I was on a few different pills for many years for those reasons before moving to the depo injection. The injection stopped the pain and my periods stopped for a while. But then it turned brown. Now Im off all of them (have been for 5 months) and still no pain or brown blood. My periods now are usually 1-2 days if that

30 May
And im 5'10ish and weigh 54kgs. Didnt gain weight whatsoever :-)

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51