4 posts | Original | Recent
May 31, 2014 11:37pm
via Android

So I have this aunt and sister and at every meal they want me to finish the whole meal. When I'm full I can't eat anymore otherwise I might get sick. I told them don't worry about left overs because I will eat the left overs. But they still get mad at me and give me attitude. I'm 20 years old and I can make my own desicions, I told them but they don't care. What should I do

28 Posts
Jun 1, 2014 2:03am
via Android

Hey Grace :) how are u doing. .
Dont worry much..let thm knw u care for ur body very much and cant eat whn ur stomach is full and not as they wish !! Dnt let them rule over urself !! U are grown up and responsible for urself..Make them knw tat too
Cheers. .take caree

01 Jun
I'm good. How are you? They think they control my life. My sister tells me when to go to bed, I have to rub my aunt's foot cause it hurts her. Every time I tell them we almost get into a fight and they make me cry. Not like a little cry, I mean full on cry. I don't think they care about my feelings. I wish they would change their attitudes.
1 Post
Jun 1, 2014 2:13am
via Android

Maybe before the meal you could ask them to give you less food.So you won't have any left overs and they won't be mad at  you!

01 Jun
When I wanna take my left overs home, my aunt gives me a look. I know she talks about me with my sister when I can't hear her.
6 Posts
Jun 1, 2014 6:28pm
via Android

Find out why exactly do they want you to behave this way. Explain them why they are wrong. If it doesn't help, just keep doing your thing without considering them too much.
Sounds simple, and there's nothing new for you, probably. The main challenge is not in knowing what to do, the main challenge is in actually taking an action. You have strong bounds with the family to overcome. It's natural and it's necessary. Otherwise you'll just won't be able to live your own life.

01 Jun
I think my grandparents didn't raise my aunt right, that's why she's like this. And my mom was sick, so my sister was scared and that's why she's like this now. But my love for them will never change. I just want them to let me do what I want with my food.
01 Jun
This is their worldview. If it is different enough from yours, a confrontation may be required for you to get this freedom. It is totally normal, and it doesn't need you to stop loving them. It is normal that we have to confront our relatives when we decide to live a life different from their. Simply do your thing next time and don't care about their oppinion, no matter how tough it might be at the first time.

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51