Question for Women

11 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
39 Posts
Jul 18, 2014 1:03am
via Android

I don't know how it is for everyone but I feel so exhausted when I'm menstruating. I want to be consistent but it just seems difficult to do the same routine as usual. I really don't want to stop but it seems as if my body doesn't want to.

Any pointers?

18 Jul
Try doing the same things just not as intense. Or try some yoga. It helps with cramps and stress of menstruating
18 Jul
Thanks, Nicole.
01 Aug
Yoga shouldn't be done during menstruation ask any yogi. Light stretching is a better option.
18 Aug
I'm not exactly a woman (lady?) Because I'm 15 but I know whenever I'm on my period I have major cravings for food but also I feel tired, get cramps, and am not as likely to exercise.
03 Jun
Me too i feel very drained so tired . But i suffer from heavy periods and have to take tranaxamic acid to dlow it down even work is hard . Maybe try multi vit & mineral tablet eat more foods containing iron and have vitamin c to absorb the iron too :-)
Image_thumb
28 Posts
Jul 18, 2014 1:38am
via Android

Its that time for me too right now and i feel the same way. All I've been able to do is cardio. I had a recovery shake with pea protein. It seemed to help my energy levels and my cravings for sweets and carbs. I'm also drinking allot of green tea to help me not feel so sluggish. Maybe try the pea protein and green tea. It might help you out allot. Let me know how it wheels out for you if you do:)

18 Jul
Green tea sounds do-able. Can't do shakes. Have to try eating more protein when my stomach screams for carbs!!!!
Image_thumb
12 Posts
Jul 18, 2014 1:38am
via Android

Try swimming yes you have to change the thing once in a while but its a full body workout and it helps with cramps!

18 Jul
Ugh...they are repairing the pool..but great idea.
Image_thumb
12 Posts
Jul 18, 2014 3:08am
via Android

I workout the same.. It doesn't bother me until I start doing crunches.. So I just do cardio and planks..

18 Jul
I hear ya
Image_thumb
12 Posts
Jul 18, 2014 3:14am
via Android

You can always stretch after a hot shower! And try another facility

18 Jul
Also for your cravings eat cereal dry or with almond or skim milk!
18 Jul
Thanks, Sabrina.
Image_thumb
27 Posts
Jul 28, 2014 2:30pm
via iOS
Yup. Like I'm shedding my energy instead of my uterine lining. 

I don't push my body when I'm on my period. If I have any intense plans I do them before my period. I take it easy the first two days if that's what my energy levels allow me to do, after all, I also have a life to live. Usually on the third day I start feeling antsy and ready for action. 
Image_thumb
12 Posts
Aug 1, 2014 1:00am
via Android

I find eating a higher iron diet the week of helps me. And more water to keep things moving.

Icon_missing_thumb
9 Posts
Aug 1, 2014 5:55pm
via Android

Someone suggested swimming But is it ok to swim when you're menstruating?isn't it dangerous?

01 Aug
... if your in the ocean,
01 Aug
No, it's not dangerous at all, but everybody is comfertable using a tampong.
01 Aug
01 Aug
Use a tampon and you'll be fine. Even in the ocean.
01 Aug
Aha ok thanks everyone...i wanted to swim a few times when i was on my period and thought i couldnt/shouldnt because water would enter my body...now i can!!!
Image_thumb
68 Posts
Aug 2, 2014 5:30pm
via Android

Wait... if you swim while on ur period isn't that like not safe?

Image_thumb
17 Posts
Aug 7, 2014 8:03pm
via Android

Hi hi hi6 Pack Toned Absyou hi

Icon_missing_thumb
1 Post
Jun 3, 2015 11:51am
via Android

I usually just do a walk around the neighborhood. It helps to keep moving even if it is low intensity

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51