19 hour flight

8 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
29 Posts
Jul 25, 2014 1:01am
via Android

I am looking for some advice I have a 19 hour flight from Vancouver, BC to Perth, Australia....... I learned today that I get motion sickness....when flying. Any tips or medicine you know will help me? (Not trusting all answers) I'm sorry this is not fitness related.

Image_thumb
274 Posts
Jul 25, 2014 1:15am
via Android

Leg press the dudes seat in front of you

25 Jul
P.s. don't trust my answers
25 Jul
Lmao! I'm still doing it though.........haha
25 Jul
Dramamine
25 Jul
Image_thumb
3 Posts
Jul 25, 2014 1:53am
via Android

You can take medicine such as Dramamine,  Brononine <- not sure of spelling,  and Scopolomine is a little patch you put behind your ear.  It works wonders but I don't know if it's OTC or not.

Some physical things you can do are jump on a trampoline before going to the airport.  Haha sounds funny but I don't get flight sick but get sea sick really bad. So me and some friends did some heavy drinking before an offshore fishing trip and I forgot to bring anything.  So at 5:30 am I'm jumping on a buddies little sister's trampoline to hope I didn't have a day in hell in the galley, and it actually worked hahaha. Also I've seen people just jump up and down before the plane ride. Personally I like my way a lot better :) 

Some general things on flight is chew gum, stay seated as much as possible,  and listen to music or in flight entertainment (they may have some alternative motives for you to watch the new Pixar movie while in flight)  Oh and try to sit by the wing, less movement.

Hope it helps, and hope you have a great vacation :)

25 Jul
Thanks dear!! That's all I need :)
25 Jul
Listen 2 music
Image_thumb
385 Posts
Jul 25, 2014 3:03am
via Android

I would be to busy panicking the Russian's would shoot the plane down to be suffering motion sickness...

In all honesty I do quitely panic flying so cant help much!

25 Jul
NOT helpful, Matt!
25 Jul
Sorry :-/
25 Jul
I'm scared of that also.......I'm scared my dad who was on the search for Flight 370 will have to look for my flight
Image_thumb
108 Posts
Jul 25, 2014 3:25am
via Android

Indica or tequila shots

25 Jul
Hell yeah!!
Image_thumb
166 Posts
Jul 25, 2014 3:29am
via Android

Alcohol

25 Jul
Only if you join......haha lol jk
Image_thumb
4 Posts
Jul 25, 2014 9:17am
via Android

Sitting for extended periods of time can result in blood clots leading to death. So make sure to get up and walk around every few hours Ma'am. Sleeping too long might help but I'd recommend stretching you legs.

http://healthland.time.com/2012/02/07/no-clots-in-coach-debunking-economy-class-syndrome/

Image_thumb
385 Posts
Jul 25, 2014 9:20am
via Android

It will never happen so don't worry about that. ..sick joke!

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51