NEW Mommy

8 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
5 Posts
Aug 8, 2014 6:23pm
via Android

Tips for a new momma to losing Baby weight

08 Aug
Congrats on the new addition Michelle! Great picture btw!
Image_thumb
5 Posts
Aug 8, 2014 7:34pm
via Android

Image_thumb
12 Posts
Aug 8, 2014 9:21pm
via Android

Congratulations. First off Make sure your getting enough sleep. You'll get more benefit from a half hr nap than workout if your exhausted which newborns can tend to do lol. I always eased into it for me it took awhile for me to get my balance back after having a belly for that long and feel "normal" again. So I would do a post partum core workout program and walked it was easy enough to just put the baby in the stroller and go. After I felt everything was back to normal I would start back into my regular workouts. And diet for me the first few months were mostly just remembering to eat. I'd get so wrapped up trying to get stuff done for the day next thing id know it would be supper time and have had anything to eat.  Then just grab something quick. I found for me premaking my meals for the week saved time and then there was always a healthy choice readily availible.

Image_thumb
5 Posts
Aug 8, 2014 9:26pm
via Android

I can definitely relate with sleep an eating meals. My 3month old is finally on a regular sleep schedule. Now remembering to eat still gets me lol.

Image_thumb
12 Posts
Aug 8, 2014 9:40pm
via Android

At first I would have to set the alarm on my phone to remind me. And just set it up around the baby's schedules like eating after they had a bottle after awhile it just becomes a habit and I didn't need the alarm. I do a meal plan too at first it took a bit of time finding the recipes and making the shopping lists but once that was done it saved me so much time.  And actully cut my grocery bill in half.

Image_thumb
46 Posts
Aug 10, 2014 1:23am
via Android

Time. From what I've seen baby fat really isn't permanent.  (Well wasnt for my wife) just give it time and you'll be back to normal or lower. Newborns are exhausting so your probably burning a lot more calories than you think. Just don't eat a lot of junk food. And+1 on the pic. Girls that can handle a gun are an A+ in my book. :)

10450529_10103030922913662_926850626412486840_n_thumb
1 Post
Aug 12, 2014 4:11am
via Android

I am a new mommy to a 10 month old and my way of losing 30 lbs since having my daughter has been running and eating healthy. I am actually 10 lbs under my pre-pregnancy weight. You can exercise all you want, but if you eat junk you will see little improvement.  Diet it key.

Don't get me wrong, I have had my fair share of challenging days and I don't deny myself treats... as I sit here with a delicious glass of wine! But everything in moderation.

One thing I had to constantly remind myself early on is that it took 9 months to put on the weight, so it's going to take some time to take it off. Just be patient and diligent in your efforts and you will see improvements.

Nothing should come before your little one. Enjoy this time with them because you will never ever get those precious moments back!

Icon_missing_thumb
2 Posts
Sep 25, 2014 4:44pm
via iOS
4 weeks post party here - csection delivery.  I'm aiming for three 45 minute walks a week, and just starting easy light weight workouts.

And yes don't forget to eat!  If you're breastfeeding, you burn 500 cals a day producing milk, and if you limit calories your supply will suffer.
25 Sep
A new baby girl or boy

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51