To all the Natural Hair Journey Chicks

5 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
1 Post
Sep 24, 2014 3:23pm
via Android

What is your hair regimen for working out?

24 Sep
Right now I don't have one, but if you do please share. Hopefully finding a regimen will keep me motivated to stay active....
25 Sep
I don't have one my hair is relaxed and I usually keep mine in a high bun to exercise .
Image_thumb
12 Posts
Oct 3, 2014 2:21am
via Android

I used to wrap it up.
I saw a YouTube video where the person used a cloth around her hair line to absorb sweat...

03 Oct
I am a natural hair women and I must agree a good washing and leave in conditioner then a good blow out then wrap it and use a good wrap cloth to absorb the sweat you are food to go. ;)good luck
03 Oct
You are good to go....:-) miss spelling in first comment :-)
Image_thumb
12 Posts
Oct 10, 2014 7:31pm
via Android

I'm natural with hair that almost reaches my collarbone when straight. I usually wear my hair in two strand twists with a bandana. It lets my scalp breathe and I don't take out the twists unless my hair is dry.

30 Nov
That's what I do
Image_thumb
13 Posts
Oct 11, 2014 9:12pm
via iOS
Lovely hair guys.. Natural is the only way.
577898_304526149677075_1650155414_n_thumb
17 Posts
Jan 24, 2017 3:47pm

As an active person (working out four times a week) twists like  http://newaylook.com/best-protective-hairstyles/  really work for me. My hair doesn't need to be spritzed every day with moisture to come out looking fine, so I usually don't put any product in my hair after I wash it (which is 1-2 times a week). Because of this, I get that DREADED elastic band indentation when I put my hair into a ponytail for my work outs if I'm rocking a wash and go. However, I find that when I keep my hair twisted, the elastic doesn't create a noticeable indent. Since I usually work out in the mornings I'll twist my hair back up at night (after a twist out), work out in the morning, and then just take out the re-twisted hair when I'm about done getting ready for work. My scalp is actually naturally dry so I don't really mind any head sweating (gross?), but I do wash my hair about every 5 days so I'm not dirty for long!

27 Jan
Hi ladies. Im natural w shoulder length hair. I put up in a bun n keep wrapped w silk cap while working out during lunch breaks. I retouch my edges and am good to go. i def cowash more often during week when working out. but number of times depends on how many workout days in d week.