Help with killing junk food cravings!

7 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
1 Post
Oct 2, 2014 12:07pm
via iOS
Anyone have tips on controlling hunger??
02 Oct
Small snack like nuts or cheese always helped me.
02 Oct
Great question... I need this answer too. Thanks
03 Oct
You should eat almonds, walnut, cashews, and nuts.
04 Oct
What kind.of junk food do u want to replace
04 Oct
Chose a quantity you can have. Put them in a very small bowl for snack emergencies. Mini carrots, no more than 7 almonds, radishes. Eat each almond in tiny bites. Eat mindfully. Crunch seems to help. Our daughter eats a dill pickle, and I've seen that recommended by reputable sites. The extra salt would not work for many people.
Image_thumb
821 Posts
Oct 2, 2014 1:28pm
via Android

Make sure you are consuming enough protein and fiber.

Image_thumb
512 Posts
Oct 2, 2014 4:21pm
via Android

Hunger is no problem, if you eat the right things

Image_thumb
140 Posts
Oct 2, 2014 4:35pm
via Android

Try nuts or chex mix its better for you than chips :)

Image_thumb
385 Posts
Oct 2, 2014 4:58pm
via Android

You have probably sort comfort in junk food in the past and conditioned yourself to want it at certain times like stress, severe hunger, down days etc

Just like the Pavlov dog psychology experiment.

By knowing this you can retrain your mind by reconditioning the craving by reminding yourself of the conditioning and replacing it with something else.

My favourite is chicken bites .. A frozen bag of them...small handfull in the mirowave for a minute..if you want springle some flavorings on them.

The repetitive action of reminding yourself and replacing is like memorising your times table or lines in a play...it stays in your subconscious and you forget all about  replacing but has now reconditioned your mind ..

We are not much different than 'other' animals despite how we are conditioned to think we are!

Image_thumb
41 Posts
Oct 3, 2014 12:06am
via Android

Maybe its not junk food cravings maybe its sugar.. try to replace your junk food with fresh, canned or dried, fruits and eat more vegetables too when i had junk food craving i would eat a stick of celery with peanut butter then after a while i just ate the celery alone

Image_thumb
2 Posts
Oct 4, 2014 12:14am
via Android

What I like to do is drink two full glasses of water when I feel like I have to snack,  and wait 15 minutes to see if I still feel hungry. If I do I'll usually have a handful of nuts or some high fiber veggies, accompanied with another glass of water

04 Oct
I had the exact same problem. What i did was to change the snacks for something more healthier like a cup of low fat greek yogurt and oats. One tip is to change junk food for high protein food like tuna, chiken, or nuts for example. Good luck and keep working.

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51