Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome

4 posts | Original | Recent
55 Posts
Oct 23, 2014 6:16pm
via Android

So I've been doing everything right, working really hard, had some success in the beginning but hit a plateau. Some of the things I tried to get over the plateau actually just made it worse. I'm almost back up at my starting weight.

People keep saying "just keep at it and keep a calorie deficit and it WILL work!" But it's just NOT working.

I was diagnosed with PCOS about nine years ago, right after I gained 50lbs in a month. So I know that PCOS causes weight, but can it prevent weight loss as well?

Ladies, has anyone else dealt with this? Could this be a reason that I'm not losing weight? Is there any way around it?

23 Oct
Hey I have pcos and the doc said as they recommend 30 minutes exercise a day for people i general but people with pcos it is at least 45min and it is a little harder to get off but it is because we retain weight easier. She suggested more cardio and only strength training 2 a week. Hope this helps
31 Oct
Fine How adut you Good aternoon
83 Posts
Oct 23, 2014 6:48pm
via Android

I know that wi th PCOS that carbs are a big issue. Maybe try doing a diet like south beach. They have cook books and everything that help with the south beach diet.

23 Oct
I'm not into fad diets.
23 Oct
It's only a fad diet if you use it as a fad diet. My mom has PCOS and has been on south beach for years. It has helped her immensly. Just a suggestion
23 Oct
Talk to your doctor?
1 Post
Oct 23, 2014 11:10pm
via Android

Hi!! I too have pcos. I never ate like a pig however, i was up to nearly 400 lbs years ago. I cut out carbs and the pounds came right off. Unfortunately, that gets boring. When i did this diet, i was strict. No snacks, no cheatimg and no carbs, which ultimately  led to me packing on half of what i lost. Now im getting back down there again. I suggest if youre going to have carbs do it right before your day begins. Dont over indulge and dont deprive yourself. I guarantee ypull see results if you reduce your carb intake some more!

2 Posts
Oct 30, 2014 3:01pm
via Android

My doc started me on metaformin which is for treated pcos, and it's helped me lose some weight. Not a whole lot, but when it started coming off it motivated me to keep going.

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51