Sweat

7 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
382 Posts
Nov 20, 2014 7:09am
via Android

This might be a weird question but I've been thinking about it.
Some people say that you should take a shower right away after sweating, because the sweat contains toxins and waste products that should be washed off.
Others say that sweat is healthy for the skin and should not be washed off right away.
What do you think?

Image_thumb
612 Posts
Nov 20, 2014 7:32am
via Android

Not sure about any scientific info but i shower afterwards just to get rid of the smell lol

20 Nov
Actually sweat itself doesn't smell anything, it's bacteria on your skin that starts smelling when you sweat. If you sweat when you're clean you don't smell. :)
Image_thumb
5 Posts
Nov 20, 2014 1:08pm
via Android

I find I get zits if I don't shower right after my workout. :(

20 Nov
Probably toxins then.
20 Nov
Aw yes it's possible. Hopefully it won't happen now that I'm changing my diet!
22 Nov
As far as I understand what you eat has a larger impact than what happens on the outside of your skin. Good luck with your new diet!
Image_thumb
83 Posts
Nov 20, 2014 2:07pm
via Android

It depends on the type of your skin. If I don't take a post workout shower I get bad skin, so I have to do so if I wanna smell good and have a nice skin. But if you feel better without showering it's your choice, you should try and find out what solution best suits your needs

20 Nov
I've got dry and sensitive skin, so I don't shower more often than every other day, max. For me it works just fine to not shower after sweating, but there's a limit to everything, of course. If I'm dripping pools of sweat I shower!
20 Nov
That's perfect then :D
Image_thumb
382 Posts
Nov 22, 2014 10:46am
via Android

As we're talking about sweat, do you guys wash your hair every time you've worked out? I only wash it every fourth day because it stays healthier that way, but all the salt in the sweat can't be good for it. It usually gets really bristle and tangles.

22 Nov
I wash my hair prob too much,one minute its too lank then too dry,healthier left alone a bit,sea water is great for hair,chek baywatch
Image_thumb
110 Posts
Nov 22, 2014 8:18pm
via iOS
Hey! Very interesting question :) i wash myself every time after workouts.just after working out i cool down and let my body to sweat at a maximum and when i feel that i am cooling down, i sprint to a shower. Sweat shouldnt damage you but first of all it gives bad smell to your body.and from the other side shower and water procedures let your body to regenerate faster,massage of a shower or cool water bath,this way you get higher functional capacities and can workout again sooner in a good shape.
I know that people having triuble with acne in some cases are recommended not to sweat a lot,it can damage skin but if your hormones are working properly,sweat will not do bad to you,dont worry! :) 
Image_thumb
10 Posts
Nov 22, 2014 8:41pm
via Android

True, but I take a shower right afterwards if im all sweaty but not if I just do a couple light workouts. And same for washing my hair if I sweat alot. I wash my hair at least 3 times a week though.

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51