fat vs muscle in weight

4 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
117 Posts
Nov 25, 2014 1:10am
via Android

so the first 5 months I've been using this my weight went down 5 pounds ... making me 5'2 and 120 lbs . then I really got into weights and formed definition and was 126 lbs. i hit a plateau haven't changed routine still eating healthy but I'm now on month 9 and 130 lbs. could that really be muscle mass or is it fat coming back since I don't do cardio anymore.

if your willing please share your progress so others will know we're not alone in the number game.

25 Nov
So you started at 125 and now the scale says 130. There could be any number of reasons for small fluctuations with our weight. Its great you're toning but don't read to much into this difference. How do you look? Feel? and in the end a pound is a pound whether its fat or muscle..muscle is just more dense (less mass needed to equal a pound) you may have added some muscle but you'd have to lift some serious weight to pack on 10 pounds of muscle, not that it's impossible
Image_thumb
365 Posts
Nov 25, 2014 1:23am
via Android

Muscle is heavier than fat.

25 Nov
Muscle is leaner than fat you may weigh more but you will feel better in your clothes
Image_thumb
821 Posts
Nov 25, 2014 2:34am
via Android

9 months to gain 10 lbs of muscle is definitely realistic. Even more so since it's your first 9 months. If your jeans still fit don't worry about it lol.

Image_thumb
385 Posts
Nov 25, 2014 12:47pm
via Android

Throw away the scales, they dont lie but they don't tell you the full story...

They will disheartened and demotivate you...Let the mirror be your guide...the changes will push you further!!

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51