A question for the ladies

9 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
365 Posts
Nov 25, 2014 2:06am
via Android

LADIES;;;

Do u guys feel less or more motivated to workout when on your period?? I feel less, definitely and I feel so much fatter and it discourages me. Anyone else feel that way?
I get so bloated and my pants won't even fit for like 2 days

25 Nov
Not a lady but it's normal because when you're in your period, you body goes through hormonal change one of them being an increase in insulin... That's the bloated and exhausted feeling!
25 Nov
Can you tell me if I'm posting/answering correctly pls. Ty!!!!
25 Nov
My daughter, 17yrs old.....Varsity Volleyball player, has super bad bloating cramping, etc & she said it motivates her even more. Guess everyone's different. Lol
25 Nov
Same here! I eat more, feel sluggish and just generally can't be bothered doing anything, let alone hit the gym!
25 Nov
Thank you, Noel, I didn't know that even though I've read much about hormones!
Image_thumb
40 Posts
Nov 25, 2014 2:17am
via Android

I have trouble getting motivated no matter what......well, that's not all true, but I don't have that problem during that time of the month. Plenty of my gf's do, but I think it's based on your body. I'm sure I'm older than you, don't get bloated or experience cramps, or have heavy days......which will take a lot out of you, leaving you feeling less motivated. So I'm sure there are plenty out there that are in the same boat, so to speak.

Image_thumb
365 Posts
Nov 25, 2014 2:38am
via Android

Thanks suzanne! And yeah its terrible

Image_thumb
365 Posts
Nov 25, 2014 2:39am
via Android

Thanks noel I didn't know that!! Good to know

Image_thumb
365 Posts
Nov 25, 2014 2:39am
via Android

Oh and yes Suzanne you are posting correctly :)

10422161_10105592154175084_3587704225015335971_n_thumb
1 Post
Nov 25, 2014 2:41am
via Android

I definitely feel less motivated. My weight also increases during that time, which is normal, but it still freaks me out when I see the scale.

Image_thumb
382 Posts
Nov 25, 2014 7:12am
via Android

I get just as freaked out EVERY month when I get pimples, pms, sugar cravings and then bloat up. What has helped me is a period tracker where I can also track symptoms of different kinds. Now I can think "aha, my period is coming up" when my skin suddenly bursts out. Even though I'm really regular I've never been able to see the connection.
I rarely get cramps (they're MUCH worse when ovulating) but the bloating can make me feel less active and flexible.

25 Nov
What I mean is that a period tracker also can help if you track those other days when you feel sluggish. Maybe you're ovulating or have pms.
25 Nov
Thanks for the info Anna. I'll have to look into a period tracker. Cause I usually don't get cramps but this go around they are terrible!
25 Nov
I've got Period Tracker Deluxe for Android. I'm happy with it apart from that it doesn't sync between devices.
Image_thumb
365 Posts
Nov 25, 2014 12:40pm
via Android

Yeah me too Jackie.. I gain like 3 inches around the waist. I get so freaked out

Image_thumb
566 Posts
Nov 25, 2014 8:24pm
via iOS
I feel awful the first two days of my period. I'm not as regular :/ thankfully it's just two days. 
25 Nov
Yeah that's not too bad but still!
25 Nov
Yeah sucks being a woman :/

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51