WEIRD question

9 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
3 Posts
Nov 26, 2014 2:46am
via Android

Does anyone have bloating problems? I feel like even if I don't eat for a while or I only eat a small meal, I bloat instantly. Does anyone know why this occurs? I don't have any allergies besides being lactose intolerant, but I stay away from dairy. Other than that, I don't know what could be the cause. help!

26 Nov
Try a probiotic. I'm lactose intolerant and get that nasty bloating also so I eat small meals instead of big meals and this seems to help.
26 Nov
Thank you, I am taking "Align" the probiotic and it has seemed to be helping. Unfortunately, I still bloat easily, just not as much or as frequently
26 Nov
Could be other food type allergies. Make sure you are drinking plenty of water through the day also. If you don't get enough your body will hold onto whatever water it gets in your food which can cause bloat like symptoms.
26 Nov
Okay thank you Ryan. I do try to drink lots of water but maybe I need to drink more!
Image_thumb
365 Posts
Nov 26, 2014 4:20am
via Android

I am on my period and bloating like crazy!

26 Nov
I hate that!
26 Nov
I hate that too!
Image_thumb
2 Posts
Nov 26, 2014 5:18am
via iOS
I had the same problem. My doctor told me to start a food journal. Then to comment on any bloating that occurred after each meal. It helped me realize I was having intolerances with several different foods.
26 Nov
Oh wow that's a really good idea! I think I'll try that! Thank you :)
Image_thumb
382 Posts
Nov 26, 2014 6:57am
via Android

I bloat mainly if I eat something rich in carbs, like white bread or pasta. About four years ago I started eating low carb/high fat and my stomach is so much better. Before that I bloated every day, by lunch time my pants started feeling too small. Now I get gassy if I eat something my stomach doesn't like, but only early in the morning or after bedtime (yeah my husband-to-be sure loves that). If I stick to my diet I feel light and slim, if I cheat (which I do, a lot) my body instantly feels heavier and more sluggish, but at least I'm rid of the bloating.
I occasionally eat white bread but usually whole grain rye if I want bread, and pasta like a couple of times a year. Baked goods and sweets though...

26 Nov
Yea I was told to stay away from white bread and pasta. I was also told to eat HIGH card and Low fat so I'm surprised to hear the opposite. I was also questioning if I had a gluten allergy but I don't have all the symptoms. I've always had digestive problems where I can't produce regular bowel movements and sometimes gassy. But thank you, Ill definitely test that out.
26 Nov
Maybe you have IBS? I'm suspecting I have it, I've had trouble with my stomach since years. Sometimes I'm constipated for days, sometimes I have to rush to the toilet and that usually happens if I've eaten a lot of fat. People always talk about fiber, but eating too much fiber makes you bloated and gassy and can cause constipation.
26 Nov
I considered that but I think the bowel movement was due to me restricting my eating but I don't do that anymore and I've been going regularly. Yea I definitely was eating too much fiber and I think that's why I was bloated. Thank you!
Image_thumb
327 Posts
Nov 26, 2014 8:31am
via Android

Yeh if you have problems with dairy,Im v much the same,wheat will be a problem and yeast,I do eat wheat sometimes,there can be too much yeast in our bodies causing bloating,you can get supliments to break down yeast called dida or other herbal stuff,if you want some wheat i go for flat breads and wraps,crackers,stay away from songey white bread,have plenty of fruit,probotic drinks are good too,coconut milk

26 Nov
Oh okay,  thanks I didn't know that.  I've been eating lots of fruits and taking probiotics.  I recently found out acidic food is also causing me to bloat.  I have cut out white bread for a while now.  I've been drinking lots of juice and trying to eat as raw as possible.  I'm a vegetarian so I don't eat meat.  Other than that i eat cereal and sometimes gluten free pasta.
Icon_missing_thumb
3 Posts
Nov 26, 2014 8:56am
via Android

Tame watermelon and some pawpaw.  Does the trick for me everytime

26 Nov
Thanks, what is pawpaw?
26 Nov
Its a fruit abd its very sweet if you can get one that is ripe
26 Nov
Meant try watermelon not tame# auto correct
26 Nov
Oh okay cool. Where do they sell it?
26 Nov
I just get it on markets that sell fresh veggies and stuff. Its a bit easier for me where i am i don't know about you
Image_thumb
77 Posts
Nov 26, 2014 3:39pm
via Android

I feel that too but drink tea that helps with bloating or honey and lemon tea or probiotics it really helps!

26 Nov
Thank you. I do too but my stomach fights back sometimes and still stays bloated!
Image_thumb
27 Posts
Dec 26, 2014 12:35am
via Android

I have the same problem.  It's like the less I eat the more I weigh!

Image_thumb
56 Posts
Dec 27, 2014 9:02am
via Android

Im like that with wheat.  I stay away from it and some other grains.  It brings me down mentally too and then fatigue sets in.  Funny thing is, after stopping the wheat,  all allergies cleared up and I don't count calories. ...

27 Dec
Oh also, I find I have a flat tumny if I fuel up regularly and with small amounts of protein.
27 Dec
Salt bloats you. Are you eating alot of salt or food that contains salt?

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51