Personal question from females only

18 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
53 Posts
Dec 16, 2014 1:32am
via Android

Any advice for workouts when menstruating?

16 Dec
What is your weight , lenght & age?
16 Dec
Mohamed, did you not read "females only"?
28 Dec
Girl, do what you would do even if you arnt. I do and of I'm sore the menstrual pills work great, take about an hour before work out.
04 Jan
Not exactly sure why having a period stops one from working out? Doesn't change anything in my routine. In fact, I feel better after I workout when dreaded Aunt Flow is here visiting. Keep on keeping on! That's my motto!
Image_thumb
53 Posts
Dec 16, 2014 2:23am
via Android

Im 75 kilos im 150cm tall and im 20 years old why?

17 Dec
Image_thumb
3 Posts
Dec 16, 2014 3:19am
via Android

No Slouching! I'm in mine, I did  20 push-ups the yoga position where your feet meet in you fold your head in. Another is you laying down, your hands lay out flat in you push your lower body part up as your legs are up (basically half of your lower body is a table)

Image_thumb
53 Posts
Dec 16, 2014 3:48am
via Android

Ok thats cool and thanks. I tried some light abdominal excercises today as a part in training for Abdominal Foundation and it wasnt that bad. Other excersizes I was thinking of was yoga too, or back, legs and upper body excersizes

Image_thumb
13 Posts
Dec 16, 2014 4:02am
via Android

I do yoga when on my cycle and ab exercises to speed up the process. My cycle tends to run shorter when I work out.

Oh also a good tip...drink coconut water right when you start. It also lightens your cycle and cuts it shorter.

Icon_missing_thumb
1 Post
Dec 16, 2014 4:11am
via Android

Just try to keep your normal routine going. Your menstrual cycle will be shorter and any pms you may get won't be as bad.

Image_thumb
53 Posts
Dec 16, 2014 7:29am
via Android

That is what I did I kept working out as I usually do. I just tried to take it abit easy seeming as its my first time working out on my cycle.

Image_thumb
53 Posts
Dec 16, 2014 8:42am
via Android

Yeah I am not sure if a guy would know how it feels to have a period haha

Image_thumb
53 Posts
Dec 16, 2014 8:42am
via Android

Yeah I am not sure if a guy would know how it feels to have a period haha

Image_thumb
382 Posts
Dec 16, 2014 8:45am
via Android

If it feels good, just go on with your normal routine. If you get severe cramps or feel nauseous or dizzy, slow down and allow yourself some rest. My grandmother (rest in peace) recommended lying down on the floor with legs up on a chair to relieve cramps. It works wonders. The Daily Yoga app has an excellent yoga for menstruation program. Ab and lower back exercises can relieve pain. And the best medicine for cramps is actually having an orgasm. :P

Image_thumb
53 Posts
Dec 16, 2014 8:51am
via Android

Getting down and dirty when I am bleeding ewwww! Haha and exercising feels alright providing I dont over do it too much. Also my cycle isn't really heavy and I dont get bad craps

18 Dec
Well it's just blood y'know, and as clean as it can be too. :)
Image_thumb
53 Posts
Dec 16, 2014 9:35am
via Android

Wow did two workouts instead of just one on my period and did even break a sweat wtf! Haha

Icon_missing_thumb
3 Posts
Dec 17, 2014 5:58am
via Android

Be postive

Image_thumb
53 Posts
Dec 17, 2014 7:03am
via Android

I try

Image_thumb
3 Posts
Dec 28, 2014 9:22pm
via Android

I tend to find swimming helps a lot!! It is one of the best ways to keep fitness up too as it covers whole body!!!

Icon_missing_thumb
5 Posts
Dec 31, 2014 5:16pm
via Android

Plenty of watter durring the day (not too much before you workout though.) swimming, yoga and arm and back workouts. Midol defnitly helps a lot.

Image_thumb
16 Posts
Dec 31, 2014 8:05pm
via Android

We'll my bloody nightmare is 3 days so during time pop those caffeine pamper pills . I do little light indoor biking and eat chocolate with real cocoa 90% and tons stretching before my hardcore 90 min , 4 day workout and weights.after those days or do yoga poses to relax lol.

Image_thumb
3 Posts
Jan 1, 2015 2:00am
via Android

I am a yoga teacher and can tell you that yoga is great when you are on your period, except don't do any inversions, no head stands or shoulderstands, etc. Look online for yoga during your moon, or menstrual, cycle. Forward bends feel really great.  Other than that, you can do any exercise you normally do that feels good. You may want to stay extra hydrated, though. That will never hurt. Many blessings!

02 Jan
My pms is awful my legs and back hurt a lot and I get the worst crambs some times I cannot even sleep what kind of routine woul you recommend
02 Jan
There is a workout on here for opening the hips, on active.com there is one "to ease menstrual cramps" (if you don't like pasasana, noose pose, do malasana, squat, instead) I would add seated wide-legged forward bend, and on yogajournal.com there is a whole section of menstruation, such as this sequence http://www.yogajournal.com/article/practice-section/yoga-for-menstruation/. I would also add some meditation to help calm the PMS and some extra sleep.
02 Jan
My reply didn’t show up. Did it get sent to you?

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51