How to encourage my boyfriend to eat healthy with me

2 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
1 Post
Dec 18, 2014 6:47am
via Android

Okay so I'm 19 and weigh roughly 185-190 pounds or so (Scared to look on the scale to see how much I've gained recently lol) I feel like I've been gaining weight ever since I started dating my boyfriend John because all he ever wants to eat is chinese, pizza, or somewhere like McDonald's. We used to go to subway sometimes but don't very often now. And on the days that we do cook at home its always something like spaghetti or fried shrimp...this has been our continuous habit for the past 5 months (I go to house anywhere from 2-4 times a week n we eat 2 meals each day) It has no effect on him because he's one of those people who can eat all they want and not gain a pound. Plus he walks a mile home from work every day because he doesn't have a car so its easy for him to maintain his size.

Anyway, he doesn't like chicken or really any kind of veggies even though I love them so so much.

Does anyone have any tips on how I could maybe talk him into eating healthier to help me achieve my goals? Or should I just put up with eating bad the few days I'm there and eat healthy throughout the rest of my week at home & make sure to work out on the days I eat bad?

18 Dec
Well, I think u should take control of the kitchen. Start cooking more meals and measure your carbs.
19 Dec
19 Dec
Throw your panties at him and tell him if he ever wants into them he has to start eating healthy!!
Image_thumb
30 Posts
Dec 19, 2014 11:41am
via Android

Sit down with him and talk to him about this. Tell him what you're trying to accomplish and that you can't do it without his help. FYI, you can do this without his help but it will stroke his ego and might help bring him on board.

Ask if you can eat healthy meals when you come over instead of the stuff he normally wants to eat and tell him he can eat that crap on the days your not there. Look for healthier versions of a meal that he likes. Not everything has to be deep fried to be cooked. Try baking in the oven to crisp things up.

If your guy cares about you this shouldn't be a problem. If he's not willing to support you then stop eating meals with him.

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51