Only women to answer!!!!

25 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
211 Posts
Jan 13, 2015 12:04pm
via Android

What exercises do you'll do in your periods? My stomach pains and so does my quads. I've got my periods for first time so...... What can I do?

13 Jan
Just don't work out at all on the first day/days. :)
13 Jan
But then doesn't the routine break?
13 Jan
Well, just do want you want. I never work out when I'm in that kind of pain, because then the pain will only get worse. Only the 1st day btw:)
13 Jan
Ohk. Thanks.
13 Jan
I walk or do light aerobics
Image_thumb
211 Posts
Jan 13, 2015 2:10pm
via Android

...  Everyone please reply as soon as possible

13 Jan
If I'm not feeling it I wont. If I'm so-so feeling I'll try. Sometimes I can only do 2 minutes, sometimes 20. You have to go at your own pace. Only YOU know your body. The trick is picking up the next day where you left off. Good luck!
13 Jan
Thank you. :)
17 Mar
oh bless u .Ibuprofen is the best for period pains like the stomache cramps and muscular pains . Like in the legs. What always works for me :-)
Image_thumb
5 Posts
Jan 13, 2015 4:40pm
via Android

Any kind of workout is great because you are releasing endorphins. Maybe a brisk walk outside or on a treadmill and do a couple sets of crunches.

13 Jan
But my stomach and quads hurt and I'm getting cramps and this is my first menstrual cycle
Image_thumb
21 Posts
Jan 13, 2015 5:00pm
via Android

Im in a lot of pain during my peroid sometimes i even get sick;I
But even the pain is intense i try and stick to my usual workouts:) its hard but it feels good after

13 Jan
keep going
13 Jan
Thank you, I'll try :)
Image_thumb
16 Posts
Jan 13, 2015 5:51pm
via Android

Slowly stretches and less intense cycling indoors and taking pamperon pill am 2 day's before if you use period tracking app helps.

13 Jan
Thanks for the information :)
Image_thumb
382 Posts
Jan 13, 2015 7:44pm
via Android

If I have severe cramps to the point I can barely move I don't work out at all. Medium cramps I do relaxed yoga, no cramps or mild cramps I just go on as usual. My grandmother's best tips for cramps was lying on the floor with legs up on a chair, 90 degree angle in hips and knees. It relaxes the back muscles and relieves stomach cramps. But the best way to get rid of cramps is actually having an orgasm.

13 Jan
Thank you :)
Icon_missing_thumb
25 Posts
Jan 13, 2015 7:56pm
via Android

I have bad cycles every month that are horrible. I do different tyoes crunches, walking, biking and hula hips. Exercising for me seems to keep the pain down. Just make sure you take it easy and not push to hard. That's what I do and it helps ease my cramps. I've noticed this month my pain has decreased so much.

13 Jan
Thank you :)
13 Jan
You are welcome. Hopefully you will find relief :)
13 Jan
Yes, for now I can't workout at all! Hating this time! >_<
13 Jan
Oh no! Take it easy, you'll get back to it. I am still on mine too lol
13 Jan
Image_thumb
55 Posts
Jan 13, 2015 8:35pm
via Android

I say listen to your body. It's generally better to be moving, even if it's just pacing around your bedroom for a few minutes. Some women say exercising makes the cramps hurt less, but tbh that's never been the case for me. I feel best with extra sleep and a heating pad. Try different things, there's no "right answer."

If you're in a lot of pain and you just need to rest for a day or two, there's nothing wrong with that. And don't worry, eventually you'll get used to this and you will figure out how to work with your body. It just takes some practice.

Chin up!

Image_thumb
12 Posts
Jan 13, 2015 9:32pm
via Android

I do a lot of yoga, first I had really bad pain but with the yoga it is much more comfortable.

13 Jan
Oh okay. Thank you :)
Image_thumb
14 Posts
Jan 14, 2015 12:01am
via Android

Maybe belly dancing?   I know it's good when you are pregnant.   I don't get super bad periods, but there are some yoga sequences for them. 

14 Jan
That sounds like a great idea! I can imagine it gets the blood flowing in the pelvic area and relieves muscle tightness both inside and out.
10154533_240536442818257_21909476947257672_n_thumb
41 Posts
Jan 19, 2015 7:32pm
via Android

I started mines when I was 10 y/o but as time went on the pain worsen  over time for me.......take warm baths, drink green tea, heating pad when your cycle 1st starts......yoga/pilates before & after your cycle.....it's best to use a cycle tracking app to identify when you start & end......inbox me if you think this is an option for you

20 Jan
Great advice! And hi, I recognize you from Daily Yoga, nice to see you here too! :D
10154533_240536442818257_21909476947257672_n_thumb
41 Posts
Jan 19, 2015 7:36pm
via Android

Anne J......It's helpful but I've to track my cycles cuz of my dysmenorrhea (menstrual  disorder) I do it before & after my cycles

Image_thumb
209 Posts
Jan 24, 2015 9:50pm
via iOS
Lots of yoga
Image_thumb
3 Posts
Mar 4, 2015 6:03pm
via Android

I usualy prefer yoga and some simple streching. I have smoe great news for you... Chocolate is great food when you got your period! I hope you will find this helpful!

Icon_missing_thumb
8 Posts
Mar 4, 2015 6:10pm
via Android

I think it is the right time for you to take a rest. Remember, you don't need to push yourself if you can't. Your body has it's limit. And it's not a sin to rest for a while lol! Heyyy pretty, even your body deserves a gift for your hard work! :)

Icon_missing_thumb
1 Post
Mar 5, 2015 6:31am

I think its better to take complete rest during your periods, atleast on first two days. I prefer using cup menstruelle during my periods. As it is comfortable and is reusable. You can check this online  http://www.cupissima.com

Image_thumb
211 Posts
Mar 5, 2015 7:07am
via Android

Thank you everyone!

Image_thumb
4 Posts
Mar 9, 2015 9:43pm
via Android

When I am on my periods I get horrible cramps and usually end up laying in bed, but when I am up to it I like to do stretches that work on my stomach. If you sit with your legs extented and apart in straddle and then lean forward with a strait back it can really do wonders. The same applies if your knees are bent, open and the sole of your feet are touching.

Image_thumb
6 Posts
Mar 16, 2015 8:53pm
via Android

Take a walk once a day. It helps me with the pain and makes my cycle go by faster.

Image_thumb
10 Posts
Mar 17, 2015 11:26am
via Android

I some times like to go for walks or go on a little jog after doing some
stretching. Keep staying positive

Image_thumb
159 Posts
Mar 21, 2015 12:32pm
via Android

Do butterfly pose in Yoga at least for a minute.
Avoid any inversions like shoulderstand , headstand and bridge pose.
Rest should be the same :)

21 Mar
I've always heard not to do inverted poses too, but when I did some googling yesterday bridge pose was in several of the suggestions for yoga during menstruation. Maybe it's not considered as a fully inverted pose. I don't know.
21 Mar
Heya Anna. I had Googled it too. But none of the sites mentioned the real reason why we shouldn't do inversions sadly. The reason is your fallopian tubes can get blocked by a backward flow. Bridge pose is holding your body at a 45degree angle as opposed to 90 in a shoulderstand but still a sort of inversion.. I can agree how it might relieve lower back pain if you did it for a bit though.
21 Mar
Yeah head and shoulders stands are quite clear why you shouldn't be doing. Maybe I should put in a note saying that you should avoid the bridge pose during heavy flow. What might be a good substitute for it?
18 Apr
The reason one does inversions is to reverse blood flow, and counteract the strain of gravity on our organs. When you are on your period, you want to help the blood flow out not reverse it. That is why no inversions when you are on your cycle.
Image_thumb
382 Posts
Mar 21, 2015 1:12pm
via Android

I created a yoga session for menstrual cramps yesterday. I haven't tried it myself yet so no guarantees! I did a lot of googling so I'm certain these poses are safe to do during your period. Sources are among others Yoga Journal. Take it easy and listen to your body!

Yoga For Menstrual Cramps

21 Mar
Oh how cool. This might be a saviour for many.
Image_thumb
17 Posts
Apr 15, 2015 6:04pm
via iOS
Yoga + heating pad + green tea
Icon_missing_thumb
4 Posts
Feb 18, 2016 4:31am

Great ideas...

Icon_missing_thumb
1 Post
Jul 5, 2016 10:29am

Exercising during your period is safe and even helps in the reduction of pain in the body while working out. It's a myth that exercise at this time is harmful for the body. You can find here some best options during menstrual cycle such as usage of. It may seem like the last thing you want to do when you have your period, but working out can help relieve the symptoms that make getting your period so annoying in the first place.

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51