Losing motivation

4 posts | Original | Recent
2 Posts
Jan 21, 2015 8:04pm
via iOS

I've been working out consistently for almost six months now and it's definitely been a challenge. I have taken a week off here or there, but I've been sticking with it because I'm making this a lifestyle change. My initial reason for working out was to obviously lose some lbs and feel better about my reflection, but it's so much more than that now. I want to tone up, push myself to the limits, and just just be physically fit and confident. I've been gaining muscle, but it's not noticeable yet and I still look the same. I'm a pretty healthy eater for the most part, (I definitely have my bad days..or two) and I definitely get my protein and greens. How long is too long to wait for results? I'm losing my motivation but I won't give up.
33 Posts
Jan 21, 2015 9:01pm

I hear you Courtney. Let me start by saying that there is no such thing as "How long is too long to wait for results". You don't wait for results... results come to you. It sounds like you have been doing a GREAT job staying with your workouts and your eating. You fell a couple times but you got back up from what I was reading. DO NOT GIVE UP. You said yourself that you have been sticking with it because you are making it a lifestyle change. Our expectation do change often but you MUST remember why you started. Keep your 'WHY' in mind when you are feeling like this because it will be the force that gets you through. Let's say you don't change from where you are... is that better or worse than if you were eating like crap and not working out? It's definitley better! You are the healthy you. Now lets get back to reality. YOU WILL CHANGE!! Just let it happen. Let it come to you. Give yourself the chance to look back and say "Holy sh1-|-!" I can't believe how far I have come. If you were waiting for  bus to get to work are you going to say it is not coming after waiting a few minutes and turn around and go home? Hell no!! Same here. It can get to you but this is where you are going to do what others can't do. You are going to continue with what your doing but this time you are going to go harder than you ever have before. You are going to go into BEAST MODE!! Your going to say to yourself that you are NOT giving up and if change happens it happens. Remember that. Work harder.. eat healthier.. get your motivation from us (skimblers). We will help you and you are not alone. Be the best you!!! GIT 'ER DONE!!

96 Posts
Jan 21, 2015 10:04pm

First let me just echo everything Ra said. From what you've said in your post you're doing what needs to be done. We all get discouraged. It happens more than once and it doesn't stop happening the further on your fitness journey you get. It's not the discouragement that matters, it's how you react to it. Do you give up? Or do you keep pushing on?

You've got this. As Ra said, we Skimblers will offer what we can to help you keep going, but you're the only one who can ultimately make that decision. Do it! It's within your power. Then the next time you get discouraged you can remember how you powered through this challenge and it will motivate you that much more to keep going.

201 Posts
Jan 21, 2015 10:11pm
via iOS
Hey Courtney I just wrote you a message regarding your post, but I can't send messages to people not following me apparently lol if you would like assistance just follow me and I'll pm you. If not though best of luck! Don't lose that motivation!

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51