Losing motivation

3 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
2 Posts
Jan 21, 2015 8:04pm
via iOS

I've been working out consistently for almost six months now and it's definitely been a challenge. I have taken a week off here or there, but I've been sticking with it because I'm making this a lifestyle change. My initial reason for working out was to obviously lose some lbs and feel better about my reflection, but it's so much more than that now. I want to tone up, push myself to the limits, and just just be physically fit and confident. I've been gaining muscle, but it's not noticeable yet and I still look the same. I'm a pretty healthy eater for the most part, (I definitely have my bad days..or two) and I definitely get my protein and greens. How long is too long to wait for results? I'm losing my motivation but I won't give up.
Pnix_thumb
33 Posts
Jan 21, 2015 9:01pm

I hear you Courtney. Let me start by saying that there is no such thing as "How long is too long to wait for results". You don't wait for results... results come to you. It sounds like you have been doing a GREAT job staying with your workouts and your eating. You fell a couple times but you got back up from what I was reading. DO NOT GIVE UP. You said yourself that you have been sticking with it because you are making it a lifestyle change. Our expectation do change often but you MUST remember why you started. Keep your 'WHY' in mind when you are feeling like this because it will be the force that gets you through. Let's say you don't change from where you are... is that better or worse than if you were eating like crap and not working out? It's definitley better! You are the healthy you. Now lets get back to reality. YOU WILL CHANGE!! Just let it happen. Let it come to you. Give yourself the chance to look back and say "Holy sh1-|-!" I can't believe how far I have come. If you were waiting for  bus to get to work are you going to say it is not coming after waiting a few minutes and turn around and go home? Hell no!! Same here. It can get to you but this is where you are going to do what others can't do. You are going to continue with what your doing but this time you are going to go harder than you ever have before. You are going to go into BEAST MODE!! Your going to say to yourself that you are NOT giving up and if change happens it happens. Remember that. Work harder.. eat healthier.. get your motivation from us (skimblers). We will help you and you are not alone. Be the best you!!! GIT 'ER DONE!!

Image_thumb
203 Posts
Jan 21, 2015 10:11pm
via iOS
Hey Courtney I just wrote you a message regarding your post, but I can't send messages to people not following me apparently lol if you would like assistance just follow me and I'll pm you. If not though best of luck! Don't lose that motivation!

Skimble-workout-trainer-download-app-recommended-programs

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51

Workout Trainer Forums

Welcome Wagon

6,230 topics, 38,325 posts

Motivation & Support

8,517 topics, 41,744 posts

App Updates

15 topics, 48 posts

Ask the Pros

722 topics, 1,835 posts

Workouts and Programs