Cramps and Exercise

2 posts | Original | Recent
27 Posts
Feb 8, 2015 8:05pm
via Android

I'm on my period and I have awful cramps but I still want to exercise this week. Does anyone know any exercises I can do or have any tips?

08 Feb
Once you get moving they will feel a little better. Your body will tell you what it really can't handle, but the truth is that cramps shouldn't affect your ability to exercise. It might be harder to motivate yourself, and you might be less comfortable than normal, but you should be able to do everything you normally do. If you really can't, then you might want to talk to your doctor about it. If you want to take it easy until the pain subsides, do that. Go for a walk or do some gentle yoga.
08 Feb
I guess the main thing is that my flow is so heavy and I have to take medication because it makes me anemic as well. So I have less energy than normal
16 Posts
Feb 9, 2015 12:51pm

Hi Chy~

I completely understand. I just recently started having "normal", non-birthcontrol periods and mine have been really heavy along with debilitating cramps that completely depletes my energy and motivation to workout. This past week has been utter hell. I feel like such a slug since I can't workout and I feel like all the work that I put in the week prior just goes out the window. I am hoping that each month it will get a little better and then working out during my period won't be a problem, but only time will tell. Good luck, and if you get anemic with your period and still want to workout make sure that you are eating plenty of protein, iron-rich foods and drinking plenty of water throughout the day. Hope this helps!

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51