I need some tips please!

5 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
2 Posts
Feb 13, 2015 8:16pm
via Android

I'm 17, 5'3. I've always been a toothpick (weighed 100 lbs) until recently I've gained 17 pounds. It might be due to growing out, but my goal is to be nicely toned, muscular but feminine. Do I need to lose this extra fat before building muscle? I look online and it says I'm a healthy weight. But I'm confused. Thanks!

13 Feb
I'm basically trying I do the same thing, and it's been working. So u can try to lose fat to make ur abs and muscles more visible and u can also continue to gain weight. U done HAVE to lose the weight before building muscle if u don't want. Especially if ur a beginner, it's possible to burn fat by lifting weights and putting on muscle. Do u want workout suggestions? And if u do, then do u want suggestions for workouts with gym workouts or home body weight workouts. Home body weight workouts will work fine in building muscle...
15 Feb
Try to lose 5-7 pounds only because I'm 5'3 too, but I weigh 98 lbs. It's hard being skinny and not being able to find the right sizes for clothes....
15 Feb
Hey Stephanie, do u want help gaining weight as in muscle? I'm working on it and u seem like u want help because I saw u post it before.
Image_thumb
223 Posts
Feb 13, 2015 8:23pm
via iOS
U are a healthy weight, by toning u won't have to lose the weight because u will gain the muscle u want.
Image_thumb
8 Posts
Feb 13, 2015 8:47pm
via iOS
Lift weights and don't be scared! Women are not naturally going to bulk up and look manly. We don't have the testosterone and unless you're on a strict protein diet and no carbs, it's impossible to have manly muscles then. I love lifting to give me my toned physique. And don't be afraid of the heavier weights either. Those 1 and 3 lb weights are jokes. I mean, start slow of course but don't be afraid of a 10lb. bicep curl And add cardio as it'll shed any excess. You need both cardio and strength as you building muscle will be a longer fat burn. I have two kids and my goal was to tone up after my second. Weights and cardio go together like PB&J
Image_thumb
2 Posts
Feb 13, 2015 8:55pm
via Android

Thank you!

Image_thumb
821 Posts
Feb 13, 2015 11:19pm
via Android

You can follow a plan by Jamie eason. Live fit trainer, look it up. You'll learn about weight lifting,  cardio , and nutrition.

14 Feb
Hi everybody! I am 31, 1.57m and my weight is 58kg. Monday will.start to the gym but i dont have any idea abt what to do, can you help me with a routine?

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51