Eating disorder advice

7 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
8 Posts
Mar 1, 2015 7:01pm
via Android

A very close friend of mine has a eating disorder and I was wondering if there was anyone that has any advice on how to help her get through it. She said she doesn't like talking to an adult she doesn't know about how she feels or her personal life, so she is refusing to get "treatment". We talk about it but I know she's not getting better and that she really does need help or something to help her get through it.

01 Mar
If she's a friend tell her parents! Eating disorders are nothing to take lightly and that "don't feel comfortable talking to adults" is bullshit and the disorder talking. She knows adults will want her to have treatment (and if it's a true eating disorder she should). It's not something that should be kept secret! Will they get mad at you? Yes! but you're doing this out of love and hopefully one day they'll understand that!
01 Apr
Arielerinkaplan has info on her blog (google her name)
24 Jun
Don't hide and ED from her parents if ur a true friend u won't. I know I've been there but my mom was all the way there for me 8 year struggle and a few falls along my way but parents help a lot. No they won't shove her in a room and force feed her shell get psychiatric help a counselor a doctor and weekly appointments and tell them because then your body just gives out constant back pain from muscle loss hair loss the skin dries out really bad more prone to bruising faster and for longer periods...
24 Jun
Doesn't have to be her parents try a counselor from school or the nurse.
Image_thumb
8 Posts
Mar 1, 2015 8:52pm
via Android

I tried telling her parents but her mom wants her to be skinny and I guess you can say she some what supports her not eating. Which is the worst thing ever but on top of that her dad doesn't really care. He just blows it off like it doesn't matter or if everything is alright.

01 Mar
Not a lot you can do if the family enables her! Just keep telling her your concerns and be honest with her! Cut her no slack but show her you care..
Icon_missing_thumb
22 Posts
Apr 1, 2015 3:36pm
via Android

Butterfly foundation

Image_thumb
566 Posts
Apr 4, 2015 5:43pm
via iOS
Your a good friend. The only she will get better if she wants to get better. 
I've learned that with eating disorders it's a control thing and a need to be perfect? Hope she realizes a good friend is looking out for her. 
Image_thumb
17 Posts
Apr 15, 2015 6:01pm
via iOS
You need to pep talk her. Tell her that she is perfect how she is and she does not need to lose any weight. Might not work but is still nice hearing. Also, tell her that you are afraid to lose her and tell her that she can die. (She probably knows already but it will make her feel better about herself and hopefully she will stop) tell her this every day and hopefully she will stop.
Image_thumb
18 Posts
May 18, 2015 3:10am
via iOS
Tell her a fit/healthy/toned body is better than an unhealthy one. You can suggest to workout with her so she can feel supported
Image_thumb
13 Posts
Jun 1, 2015 8:19pm
via iOS
I love how you said something about this.. I have a eating disorder, so when I'm hungry I usually exercise or sleep
07 Jun
No if you're hungry eat!!!

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51