Want to gain weight not lose

4 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
2 Posts
Mar 20, 2015 2:56am
via Android

Okay so I've been trying to gain weight not lose weight. I'm only 118 lbs now and I was 135 lbs in high school. That was only six years ago and three kids later! Everyone else is gaining weight like no problem and I just can't seem to keep the weight on. I walk all the time when weather permits, eat lots of proteins and carbs and even tried going on a junk food binge but all to no avail. A nutritionist just told me that I have extremely high metabolism so I have to literally eat more calories and proteins. Would it help to start doing shakes or getting certain powders from GNC? I know this is really opposite from most people but I've always been small and would really like the weight. Any advice is helpful. Thank you

Image_thumb
520 Posts
Mar 20, 2015 3:17am
via Android

Gaining is just as much of a challenge as loosing and I am at the same path too as many more on here. Start a weight training programme and yes protein powders will help but what will help more is eating right the rest of the day too. Go for complex carbs like oats sweet potatoes and whole wheat products etc eat a total of 20 times your bodyweight in pounds to gain weight but only if you're training with weights 52 % carbs 32 % protein 12-15 % fats try to stick to that ratio but it's just a guide not something you need to follow religiously. Count your calories going in and out, good luck gaining

Image_thumb
2 Posts
Mar 20, 2015 3:31am
via Android

Thank you for your input, I see most trying to lose weight not gain so I wasn't sure if anyone else was having a hard time like I am. I will try out your suggestions though thanks.

20 Mar
No worries ill be here if you got any questions
Image_thumb
49 Posts
Mar 20, 2015 3:43am
via Android

I am trying to gain weight too, but I find it difficult to come up with estimates on calories, fat percentages, carb percentages and protein percentages when most of what I eat is homemade. Homemade food does not come with nutritional labels unfortunately :/ So instead I just do my workouts and eat as much as i can and keep my food as varied as I can...

20 Mar
Ricardo, there are tools for that. Special apps, that counts all that. I just started today using www.ichange.com . There are many others, I also tried before the one preinstalled in my Samsung Galaxy, but today found this one. It counts calories intake, proteins, carbs, fats, makes graphs, also i have a personal coach assigned who is helping me my goal... and basically everyone needs some supervision. If you want to find out more about controlling your calorie intake and how to gain quality healthy weight, message me. Last 4 months im going through it and it finally for the...
20 Mar
Well you can Google the nutritional values of every food out there it doesn't have to have a label for you to know what you're putting in your body, I don't count calories everyday just once when I include different dishes in my routine.

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51