Gym early morning or evenibg

14 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
9 Posts
Apr 14, 2015 9:32pm
via Android

I have had a gym membership for about a month now. I went to have a assessment done last month. But, I haven't went back. I feel a bit it it itimidated! Why? I am not sure which machines to use or how reps I should be doing. I inquired about obtaining a personal trainer, and was told I can get four sessions for 198 dollars which is fine. I want to kick this shyness, so I have been battling whether going to gym at 5am or 4pm. I'm so confused?

20 Apr
Don't feel intimidated- everyone was once a beginner!!! Focus on yourself and after a couple of visits you'll feel at home!! If you need help operating a machine, just ask one of the workers. They will be happy to help.
20 Apr
That's 100% true
Image_thumb
953 Posts
Apr 15, 2015 12:44am
via Android

That's normal.  A lot of people feel intimidated when first going to a gym. You just gotta go & get past that feeling. Go & do something more simple, like get on a bike or treadmill. After you go a few times I promise you'll feel way more comfortable stepping up to trying to figure out a machine you have no idea how to operate, or even asking someone for pointers. Most places, the workers will help you figure out a machine without paying for a trainer.

Image_thumb
9 Posts
Apr 15, 2015 8:55pm
via Android

Thanks Patrick!!I going to challenge myself to go, and kick this intimidation.

16 Apr
Yeah really you just gotta make that decision that your not gonna be one of those 'easy money' members. All you gotta do is show up a few times, use the locker room very awkwardly, walk around the gym like a clueless noob, observe, try to figure out the buttons on the treadmill without looking like that's what you're doing, do one or two exercises kind of awkwardly, feel weird... & after you do that a couple times youll be used to the atmosphere and feel more like a member who belongs there. It's totally natural.
16 Apr
So true!! Thanks for the amp I really needed that. I am going to go because I really want to live a healthy lifestyle and be fit.
Icon_missing_thumb
280 Posts
Apr 16, 2015 1:14am
via Android

Forget the people in the gym. Focus on yourself and you will be fine. And as for the time personally I prefer in the morning but the evening is also OK it can be a stress reliever. Good luck and God bless.

Image_thumb
9 Posts
Apr 17, 2015 1:09pm
via Android

Thank you so much! You are so right... I need to focus on myself and that's my issue.. I really appreciate the motivation

Image_thumb
81 Posts
Apr 18, 2015 4:09pm
via Android

Well, I personally prefer evenings because I'm not a morning person. I would recommend that you go on the elliptical. You can't ever go wrong there. :) Also, feeling intimidated is just in your head. In order to lose that feeling you need to build self-esteem. And in order to have self-esteem, you need to work on whatever it is you believe you need approval for to not feel so lowly about yourself. However, constantly feeling bad about yourself or making yourself a victim doesn't help you. Don't go to gyms you feel uncomfortable with. Switch, or invite a friend to go with you. Forget everyone else. You're there to make a change in your life and most of all it's your money. Don't let it go to waste.

Image_thumb
9 Posts
Apr 18, 2015 4:21pm
via Android

Thanks so much for the reply. Yes I finally went Friday and this morning, and I must say it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. I felt a burst of energy after my workout.

Image_thumb
3 Posts
May 7, 2015 3:33am
via iOS
Also try a class at the gym you will meet other like minded folks and give you some pointers! Good luck and congrats on going to the gym!!!
Icon_missing_thumb
1 Post
May 7, 2015 3:53am
via Android

Exercise is must... Timing as per your convenience..

Image_thumb
99 Posts
May 7, 2015 9:29am
via Android

Mornings are the best way to start the day. At least you know you got it over and done with. When i first started i was mainly doing cardio because i didnt know how to use the machines and didnt want to look like an idiot. But i kept doing my research, following fitness models on facebook, watching youtube vids and checking out some fitness apps. Its good to plan ahead. Like make each day for a different body part or like me i sometimes can only go twice a week, so one day i do lower body and the other day i do my upper body. Also doing short boosts of hiit cardio can give you quicker results than longer slower cardio.

Image_thumb
2 Posts
May 7, 2015 7:02pm
via Android

Its always good to start in the morning for the amount of fresh oxygen present. But to be honest time doesn't really matter,  just work out!

Image_thumb
9 Posts
May 7, 2015 9:49pm
via Android

I sure will, thank you 4 the response

Image_thumb
9 Posts
May 7, 2015 9:53pm
via Android

Touma, thank you 4 the reply!! I really appreciate it. I have doing the treadmill, thigh master and arm extentions to name a few.

Image_thumb
9 Posts
May 7, 2015 9:54pm
via Android

Thank you Amber

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51