doubting my body

4 posts | Original | Recent

Icon_missing_thumb
10 Posts
Apr 24, 2015 3:13pm
via iOS
when i was little, i was really short, overweight, and was pretty much the definition of a total 'loser'. i dont believe in popularity or human standards so that why the quotations there. anyhow, i started cheerleading in the sixth grade and ended up hitting puberty and all that fun stuff. but lately, i have been feeling like im down that overweight road again. i used to really like my body. hell, i ran a 7:15 cross country mile last week! but i just dont know why im feeling like the whole world is pulling me down again.
Image_thumb
171 Posts
Apr 24, 2015 3:50pm
via Android

If you really were overweight as a kid I know it can be quite hard to lose that image of yourself, but I can tell you if that's you in your pictures you're very very far from being overweight now.

24 Apr
thank you silje. i just dont think im where i want to be i guess and i have to work 10 times harder than most people to stay fit bc i have a line of obesity in my family
24 Apr
Also I'm guessing you're a teenager? It's especially common to doubt different areas of the way you look plus a bunch of other stuff at that age
24 Apr
You seem to be doing very well in my opinion! If you really do feel like you're big you might have a bit of a distorted image of yourself
24 Apr
i think its just society's input on body image that just really messes with my brain. its telling girls to have a kim k booty and an ariana grande waist. for most women, thats impossible
24 Apr
Yes that's true, it seems to get worse and worse. At least you already know it's impossible for most of us, some girls are not so lucky. I know it still affects us though, even if we don't believe it. Try to find something realistic to strive after instead
Icon_missing_thumb
18 Posts
Apr 25, 2015 11:25am
via Android

I used to be the overweight kid too I'm older now 37.  I've learned not to judge myself as others might judge me if your basically a good person don't ever call yourself a loserSome of the most beautiful and successful people in this world have lost or been a so called loser at some point. Love yourself and the world we love u too

Image_thumb
158 Posts
Apr 25, 2015 1:37pm
via Android

Your profile is on private, so I can't look at your photos, but from what I can see, based on your current profile photo, you have the body of a model. Don't doubt yourself. If anything your looks make others doubt themselves lol.

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51