Ladies, how you wear your hair when working out

26 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
51 Posts
Jun 27, 2015 6:45pm
via Android

I do a ponytail, but it just looks yucky. I like a bun, but it always bounces around and falls out. Any ideas?

17 Aug
Hi! Im 13 btw a young woman and new to the app!!! But i wear french braids one or two with an under armour headband my hair is out of my face then when im done working out i go for dinner with the fam and then my hair is wavy :-)
06 Nov
I really love these suggestions! I have the same problem with ponytails...I end up getting a bad headache, and sometimes migraine. Not exactly conducive to a good workout!
07 Apr
i can do my own french braids.Thats what ill do,less fly aways.My bun ends up on the side of my head!!
17 Sep
I don't worry about it AT ALL! I DEAL with the mess after the shower!
Image_thumb
215 Posts
Jun 27, 2015 6:57pm
via Android

Do the bun then wrap a second one around it to make it tighter.
I'm constantly fixing mine after every workout when I do a bun because if I do it too tight (which I do accidentally), I get serious headaches/migraines.

14 Jan
I always do that to and I tighter up good and see no problem my hair always out off my face
08 Sep
Braided or in a bun I love the sock bun because it is tight and won't come loose
Icon_missing_thumb
17 Posts
Jun 27, 2015 10:46pm
via iOS
I'm a ponytail gal.  And I pin my bangs back or wear a headband to keep them outta my face.  On,y one I need to impress at the gym is me and my man!
Image_thumb
171 Posts
Jun 28, 2015 12:10am
via Android

The best I've found is to make a high ponytail then braid that and make it into a bun, secure with two hair elastics. Stays in place even when doing crazy cardio workouts ^.^

28 Jun
I need to try that!
28 Jun
Hope it works for you too!
Image_thumb
269 Posts
Jun 28, 2015 2:46am
via iOS
High pony and a boulder band headband. Pins don't stay in my fine hair and the band keeps it out of my eyes once it starts falling out
Image_thumb
8 Posts
Jun 28, 2015 4:56pm
via Android

You could try braiding your hair

Icon_missing_thumb
2 Posts
Aug 14, 2015 7:13am

Sometimes, as much as you pin, twist, or otherwise secure your hair before a workout, it still manages to fall out at exactly the wrong time during a run or anyother way. Having the right hairstyle is important when it comes to a great workout, so the next time you're at the gym, try one of these hairstyles that will keep your focus on your workout.Styles as upside-down braid,ponytail with braids as said earlier is best way,Headband barid,French braid,halp-up and half-down etc.I would like you to recommend the best braid style while workout ,have a look at it once http://www.naturalbraid.com/  will help you.

Image_thumb
12 Posts
Aug 21, 2015 2:31am
via iOS
Try using a couple ponytails 
They usually hold up better 
Then braid the hair and tie again 
Image_thumb
5 Posts
Aug 21, 2015 2:35am
via Android

I do a messy bun and then I sometimes use a head band to keep my hair out of my face.

Image_thumb
12 Posts
Aug 21, 2015 3:34am
via Android

High bun twisted fairly tight. Once it's there, my hair won't move. Try using a super light hairspray to give your hair a little texture before you do anything with it.

Image_thumb
159 Posts
Aug 21, 2015 5:35am
via Android

I do a hairbun with a chopstick but it keeps falling off so sometimes I do a ponytail and then bun it.

Icon_missing_thumb
9 Posts
Nov 5, 2015 6:32am
via iOS
Hair shouldn't matter when you work out. A pony tail is the most efficient in it's purpose. I'd just continue doing that if you aren't to be bothered with a bun. 
Image_thumb
18 Posts
Nov 6, 2015 11:17pm
via Android

I usually put it in a ponytail or clip it into a bun. As long as its outta my face, I'm good. I don't really care how my hair looks when I workout because in the long run, its not about everyone else, its for me but I understand you lol

Image_thumb
54 Posts
Dec 22, 2015 3:28am
via Android

It depends on the workout. If I am lifting weight I do 2 side ponytails or braids. It looks silly, but I hate when the bar pulls my hair & a single ponytail gets pulled & bumped whenlifting.... with floor work, yoga, bodyweight : I alternate - ponytail, braids, ponytail-bun, hair clippie.... I workout at home, so don't have to worry about how silly I look.

Icon_missing_thumb
1 Post
Jan 6, 2016 9:54pm
via Android

I ether wear a messy top bun, because its easier to re-do WHEN it gets messed up  or a low bun, because it doesn't pull on my hair like a high ponytail does for me, and its easy

274250_184903530_410516201_n_thumb
1 Post
Jan 10, 2016 11:28pm
via Android

I like to wear mine in a high pony with a headband. That way if it starts to come undone it's still out of my face and I can fix it when I take a break.

11 Jan
I do a side pony or braid.
Image_thumb
14 Posts
Jan 12, 2016 8:39am
via iOS
I have days where I wear it as a side braid its sporty and cute .Then other days I just leave it down because I don't care it's going to get washed anyhow after I'm done 
P1000753-001_thumb
29 Posts
Jan 12, 2016 2:22pm
via iOS
Mostly low ponytail, sometimes high pony or a bun
Image_thumb
1 Post
May 10, 2016 1:53am
via Android

Uh I have super short hair so I wear it as is!

Image_thumb
5 Posts
May 10, 2016 1:59am
via Android

Bun or braided so it stays put

Image_thumb
4 Posts
May 10, 2016 3:11am
via Android

Tie them up into a ponytail, wrap it around and clutch it into a bun.Does the trick for me!!

Image_thumb
1 Post
May 10, 2016 4:43am
via Android

I  usually make a braid, it doesn't bounce and allows me lying comfortably on the bench to do  supine exercises. Ponytail disturbs me in this case. But I would say it's very individual.

Image_thumb
1 Post
May 20, 2016 2:56pm
via Android

When my hair is long I tend to go between low pigtails or a single ponytail. The low pigtails (base of the neck) are great for doing ground work. The ponytail I like for running around our when I'm using a bar on my neck cause it's easier to move around. The most important thing for fixing my hair is a boar hair brush and really really good elastics.

Image_thumb
38 Posts
Sep 8, 2016 8:32am
via Android

Ponytail these days becomes loose so easily when jumping around because I think my hair is too long at this point. 
So a nice tight bun works better
:)

577898_304526149677075_1650155414_n_thumb
14 Posts
Sep 23, 2016 1:58pm

I wear my hair in a tucked french/english braid while biking (sometimes cover with a scarf/bandana) 

During yoda i like to tie a loose braid - enligh or french  

For running i usually tie it in a high braid (something like high ponytail english braid) and rarely ina high ponytail 

I also sometimes use cloth headbands to keep ahir off my face during biking or playing tennis

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51