Issue with just starting

2 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
7 Posts
Jul 8, 2015 10:49pm
via Android

I just started a rather intense workout plan. I never really used to workout. I'm eating better and working out 1-2 hours a day. However, all of a sudden I'm gaining an insane amount of weight in my abdomen area. Is this just water weight? What am I doing wrong?

09 Jul
Your body just needs to adjust to the new lifestyle. That's how I was to and then I started seeing results. It will take time but don't give up
09 Jul
Just drinks lots of water and vary your work outs to avoid the dredded plateau... Hopefully the rest (improved body tone) will come in due time, including a reduced inflamed belly. I was very bad about not drinking enough water. Now I make sure to drink at least 6 glasses a day (got a Blender Bottle with the cup measurements on it that I take with me everywhere). :)
09 Jul
Oh, and welcome to Skimble! You'll love it here if you find and build the right team to keep motivated while motivating. ;-) (I'm fairly new too - July 11th will be one month for me on Skimble.) :)
Image_thumb
86 Posts
Aug 17, 2015 8:57pm
via Android

sometimes starting out too extreme is bad.

first, people often get discouraged cause they cant do the exercise or movement, or hold that plank long enough, or do more reps....so people stop.

secondly, starting out too extreme cant put a lot of stress on the body.

if your working out 1-2 hours 6 days a week and just starting out, i would recommend only working out 3-4 times a week for 1-2 hours. Your body will need time to heal, if not, you will do more damage then good.

hurting your body by going extreme wont get you progress faster...

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51