Pole Dancing

7 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
34 Posts
Aug 24, 2015 2:42pm

Hello girls (and maybe some boys)!

Is here anyone who trains pole dancing? I want to join a class in my town, I´ve done a lot of reasearch, but I am afraid a girl like me (thin, very few muscles) wouldn´t be able to do that. Is it suitable for such thin girls? What workouts do you recommend for me to get some muscles before starting with pole dance?

Thank you for every advice! Cheers :)

25 Aug
Just go give it a shot. You will be suprised what you can already do. Since you are thin, it shouldn't be to difficult to manage holding you weight. But yeah puahups, pullups, core workouts like planks and chats.
14 Sep
I teach pole dancing in my city. Just find a beginners class, they help condition you to use muscles needed. Pole dancing is a process and every small move you learn is preparing you for something more advanced. Only way to poledance is to..well...poledance :)
Image_thumb
33 Posts
Aug 24, 2015 3:50pm
via iOS
I'm sure that push-ups and lifting weights will help you. But everyone starts at their own pace and level. Don't beat yourself up if you're not able to do it first time round.
26 Aug
I think you will get strong doing that and build some lean muscle . They do some amazing moves on the pole . Go for it . I'd love to try it myself xx:-)
Image_thumb
34 Posts
Aug 25, 2015 7:13am
via Android

Yes, i try to do that, also to strenghten my core....but i still worry

26 Aug
Don't worry micha . It will take time to build your strength up . I agree with what Jovon said . You'll be fine . When i first started on here i wasn't very strong i couldn't do a full push up or even a kneeling one . I think one of the first workouts i tried was px90 it was for the abs couldn't do it . But now i'm ok with those . Good luck . Xx:-)
Image_thumb
52 Posts
Aug 25, 2015 7:53am
via Android

Any exercise where you have to support your own body weight would work

Image_thumb
139 Posts
Aug 26, 2015 11:56pm
via Android

The trick for you is one.Golden nutrition.Eat healthy and good.Eat meat.Chicken can help you increase your mass everywhere.And with some reps for start with light weights will help you get bigger!And build a great body!Also you will be stronger.Just weights for the beggining.Try doing as many reps you can then rest for many mins.Then again.You will feel the difference :)

Image_thumb
117 Posts
Sep 6, 2015 6:57am
via Android

Its upper body to keep you in place core to move your actual body and using your legs to propel you .... truthfully if you wanna go just go let the instructor know your not strong and after that do what you can dont try difficult tricks till your ready and the instructor agrees. Ive taken classes before they are a blast even if all you do is hold the pole and spin yourself around the pole its unique and worth trying once if nithing else

Image_thumb
34 Posts
Sep 14, 2015 10:00am
via Android

Guys, I've tried it for the first time two weeks ago.... It was absolutelly awesome, I fell in love and couldnt sleep whole night long as I was thinking about it :D It is fun, my trainer has complimented me several times and I am doing a course :) thank you for your nice comments and wishes :)

14 Sep
AWESOME! ^^ I feel so happy and proud for knowing this :) Good job lady!Yeeaaa ^^
14 Sep
That's great! Keep it up and enjoy :-)

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51