Upping the upper body

3 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
117 Posts
Sep 6, 2015 6:51am
via Android

My lower body hold my main power... when i started trying weight machines i did my first leg press at 75lbs however my arms are another story my entire upper body actually i struggle with 5lb on arm machines

I tried the free weights but i can barely lift the weights in my arms once i can get it into a position to engage my core or legs to support the weight im better but anything relying on arms alone i cant do and my arm (especially my shoulders) bulk up fast i look like a life long weightlifter and i just want to be toned and stronger... any suggestions on how to accieve this? Im pretty skinny and basically fit already i just want things toned but any work i do bulks me up .... to give you an idea of my shape im miley cyrus skinny with an hour glass figure and high metabolism

Please help all suggestions and advice are welcome

Image_thumb
15 Posts
Sep 10, 2015 3:58am
via Android

Start with 2.5lbs then.  More reps and less weight. How do you go through life not being able to pick up your purse?  Laundry basket,  groceries?  5lbs is very light and will not give you body bigger physye.  If you bulk too  quickly at 5 lbs you'd be a phenomenon that scientist would want to study. 

Image_thumb
117 Posts
Sep 26, 2015 1:10pm
via Android

The sad response ... my purse i only have to lift onto my shoulder ... i live with parents so they lift all the grocery bags lol

I dont really do anything since my muscles have all atrophied from 4 different surgeries over the last 8 years and recovery has been twice as long as the drs said it would be.

Im just trying to slowly make my way back to the place where when the family or friends moved things i was always lifting the heaviest stuff... like the 800lb sofa i moved with my brother and his friend on one end and me on the other (they were both construction workers and lifted their side no problem, i struggled a bit but i was half their size lol)

08 Oct
oh my goodness i had a similar issue due to my anorexia i couldn't even lift a gun i could barely walk but my partner helped me i carried light things like a bag with breads then lemons bananas everyday things. 5 years later im pumping iron like crazy. We all start somewhere girly try very light then keep going be patient and stay dedicated. I wish you nothing but the best.

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51